Aerostich Heat-Troller

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know if the Aerostich Heat-Troller is the same or different as the original, now available from warmnsafe?

different...

there's an explaination on the warmNsafe web site...

"It Ain't No Rheostat!"

https://www.warmnsafe.com/heat-troller_FAQ.php#1

I've met the owner and his wife..they're the models in the pics... and they both ride... a lot!

Actually went to their house in So Cali to try on the jackets....

Also, with the warmn safe heattroller, I've never had to turn up the switch more than half way... even when it was below 40F.... was actually around freezing cause it snowed later that day. This was on my Harley, no fairing, only a windshield. Underarmor long sleeved shirt, warmnsafe liner, leather jacket.

Gaunlets on the gloves help, too....

Mary

Also, with the warmn safe heattroller, I've never had to turn up the switch more than half way... even when it was below 40F.... Mary
I don't whether the "efficiency" of the warmnsafe heat-troller was due to their clothing or the controller but at the very least warmnsafe does have more models. I'm looking to panel mount the dial and diode, and the warmnsafe (model SMSAE) separates the control from the electronics, allowing the "box" to be mounted in a better place. I don't know what that "better" place will be but I'm thinking about it. :)

Also, with the warmn safe heattroller, I've never had to turn up the switch more than half way... even when it was below 40F....

Mary
I don't whether the "efficiency" of the warmnsafe heat-troller was due to their clothing or the controller but at the very least warmnsafe does have more models. I'm looking to panel mount the dial and diode, and the warmnsafe (model SMSAE) separates the control from the electronics, allowing the "box" to be mounted in a better place. I don't know what that "better" place will be but I'm thinking about it. :)

Yeah, i've only used their portable heatroller cause I havn't figured out how to pull the tupperware off yet....

but I also have the fixed controller I need to mount.... the heated grips will come off too...they just make my palms sweat.

Almost all the "added value" wiring has to come off and be redone... the shop that installed the farkels for the guy I bought it from did a sloppy job... :(

Actually, I havn't used the heated stuff on the FJR.... only the Harley and the Triumph.... both of those only have windshields.... my long trip on the FJR was thru the desert in July... no need for heated anything!

Hoping to have the new farlkes installed well before Reno..... :D

Mary