After market air filter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrpro

Reaction score
I have looked at a lot of info on this matter. If you go to www.rc51.org there is a lot on why you don't gain power but look at this chart from motorcycle daily the news web site.
dynowithknst1300.jpg
[/img]

I don't believe the dino chart. IMO it has been "altered". Experience dictates that variations in air filter/intake setup tend to be non-linear. There should be more difference between the two setups at the higher RPM/Intake velocity range than at the low end.

This looks to me like someone copied one curve, doctor'd it a bit and repositioned the image.

Sorry, but I smell marketing BS. Anybody else smell BS???

(I don't mean FJRPRO.)

I don't believe the dino chart. IMO it has been "altered". Experience dictates that variations in air filter/intake setup tend to be non-linear. There should be more difference between the two setups at the higher RPM/Intake velocity range than at the low end.
This looks to me like someone copied one curve, doctor'd it a bit and repositioned the image.

Sorry, but I smell marketing BS. Anybody else smell BS???

(I don't mean FJRPRO.)
You nailed it Ashe, sumpin aint jivin wit the nummers. I'm also calling bs on this.

BS. Anybody else smell BS???

Well, I don't know much about dynos or much about this graph, but it appears the bike goes faster on one curve than the other. That is nice and all, but I'm guessing the near vertical line at the end is the rev limiter? Why does the rev limiter threshold move right on the air filter graph?

If they ended at the same line, but one had a higher hump, I'd be more likely to believe the graph.

But I'm a layman. Can someone educate me?

This is a real chart! I could not see how the bike a st 1300 gianed so much HP but it did. Here is the link.. undefined

FJRPRO,

I want to be VERY clear here. I am NOT saying that it is not a real chart. I am NOT saying that your post is not authentic and investigated and warranted. What I AM saying is that whomever produced the chart forged it.

It is way too suspicious in so many ways. No way, no how will I ever bite. Sorry man, I smell BS. And I will not say anything else, promise!

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator: