After Market brake pads

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliick2

Reaction score
Friends, has anyone tryed or is using the Galfer -kevlar pads? The company says that they are long wearing & will not score the

rotors. Comments-good or bad would be helpful.I've seen other posts that say they would stay w/the OEM for the long life & no

scoreing.Others prefer the Emglo for the price/performance.Mostly I'm happy w/the OEM but when the time comes for replacement I'd like to put something on that is a little more agressive-but don't want to ruin the rotors to get better stopping.

Thanks in advance, Sliick

I have not got there yet myself (replacing pads) so I would be interested as well. I kinda wonder how much quicker a more aggressive pad would heat up the brake fluid.

This might help.

Personally, I have been very happy with the stock Yamaha pads so I replaced mine with the same. A while back there was a group buy on Galfer HH pads and I bought a set but I haven't needed them yet so I can't say if they are any better than stock.

This might help.
Personally, I have been very happy with the stock Yamaha pads so I replaced mine with the same. A while back there was a group buy on Galfer HH pads and I bought a set but I haven't needed them yet so I can't say if they are any better than stock.
I had used the Galfer HH on two different bikes. I think the HH were much better when you run thru hard turns for longer periods. I never felt any fade. I never even thought about wet condiations with the Galfer HH. They lasted twice as long stock pads. I liked the pads enought that I jumped on the group buy for the disks. You will see a little wear from them, but I had small groves from the stock shoes.