After-Market Exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-D

Reaction score
I am looking at changing the stock exhaust and putting something on to allow a little more sound. Lets face it, with the stock exhaust, the FJR cannot be heard much at all. And while adding an after market exhaust, I guess a PCIII will be in order also.

My questions are; (1) Which set of Slip-On's would have the highest recommendation (keeping the stainless steel look) and (2) would adding the exhaust and/or the PCIII void out the factory warranty?

I am looking at changing the stock exhaust and putting something on to allow a little more sound. Lets face it, with the stock exhaust, the FJR cannot be heard much at all. And while adding an after market exhaust, I guess a PCIII will be in order also.
My questions are; (1) Which set of Slip-On's would have the highest recommendation (keeping the stainless steel look) and (2) would adding the exhaust and/or the PCIII void out the factory warranty?
If you want the shiny look, your choices are limited. This is a popular choice:

Staintune at Bike Effects

No warranty problems.

See discount information link below.

Not pushing anything I sell but my D&Ds have been holding up well since I first reviewed them.

https://www.fjr-tips.org/mods/cans/cans.html

once good thing about the FJR (or bad depending on your view) is that the cat/con means that any slip on can pretty much use any of the slip on PC3 maps out there. the cat/con is the constriction instead of the muffler so slip ons all appear about the same to the PC3 until you do a whole exhause swap with a cat/con delete.

Yep, my D&Ds are also standing up to the test of time.

They are also one of the cheapest options out there. (notice mine have the stainless look :))

There are several maps available.

I've been running a custom map I created by merging Wally's Smooth map with the std D&D map.

(cleaned up a little roughness at idle and reduced cold decel popping) :)

Several others look good though.

Remus is hot, Two brothers look hot too. I like the blue flame.

Holeshot must be considered. Dale might be the best FJR exhaust tuner out there.

Staintune is a popular high end model.

Lots and lots of options.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought some Leo Vinces from Jeff at Bike Effects and they sound better than the other systems I have tried.Quality is top shelf.

Ken.

I'm partial to Holeshot cans. Sound is exceptional, quality is first rate and service is second to none.

It's my understanding that only if the aftermarket exhaust and/or the PCIII are the CAUSE of a problem, do they void your warranty.

Not pushing anything I sell but my D&Ds have been holding up well since I first reviewed them.
https://www.fjr-tips.org/mods/cans/cans.html

once good thing about the FJR (or bad depending on your view) is that the cat/con means that any slip on can pretty much use any of the slip on PC3 maps out there. the cat/con is the constriction instead of the muffler so slip ons all appear about the same to the PC3 until you do a whole exhause swap with a cat/con delete.

Has your M.P.G. changed much and how????

I have the Holeshot full system, PCIII, Aibox mod (cdog style)... I'm going to get a custom tune at some point in the near future. I average about 38 MPG I was averaging 41-42 before the mods... on a long cruise I got 52 MPG, with few stops and little heavy throttle.

I bought some Leo Vinces from Jeff at Bike Effects and they sound better than the other systems I have tried.Quality is top shelf.
Ken.

I would like to know if your M.P.G. has changed????
Ijust saw your question. I don't think so. I rarely ever check it,but on my trip through Canada The bike was getting 52-54 mpg,consistently. My 2005 was the same way with the Holeshots on it. I 've never had either bike do worse than 46mpg.