After market wheels

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone now of a company that makes different wheels for the FJR?
Not aware of any at the moment but if you are looking to add some looks to your FJR, get the wheels polished. There are lips on the front and rear wheels that make a perfect spot to polish to or from. I had my 05 wheels polished and they looked great!

I have an appointment to have my 06 done next week. Now before you all start screaming about taking care of polished wheels....WHITE DIAMOND METAL POLISH! You literally just have to wipe it on and off once a week...takes about five to ten minutes and your wheels look great.

Warchild posted some aftermarkets I believe. Do a search. All the old guys on here have posted miles of threads and all you have to do is take a little time and do a search. I think they will be at WFO5. i think they were over $2000 a pair.

ronjrieth,

Can you post a pic of your polished wheels and the price you paid to get this done? I'm seriously considering this when my tires wear out. I'm going to polish off all the lettering and stuff so that the wheels are shiny and smooth. I agree that polished wheels are actually easier to keep clean versus the porous cast aluminum we currently have.

dgfella