Aftermarket exhaust cans

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRMGM

FJRMGM
Reaction score
for the past year I have been running a set of Leo Vince aluminum exhaust cans on my '05 FJR and was very happy with the tone and the perceived slight increase in power.

But, my wife has decided to start riding with me again and it is louder with the Leo's so I thought I would put the stock cans back on to go back to stealth mode.

Thing is, now that I have had the stock cans back on for a couple of weeks I have definitely noticed a change in throttle abruptness (more) than with the Leos. The bike just seemed smoother and throttle was easier to control with the Leo's on - anyone else noticed this?

for the past year I have been running a set of Leo Vince aluminum exhaust cans on my '05 FJR and was very happy with the tone and the perceived slight increase in power.
But, my wife has decided to start riding with me again and it is louder with the Leo's so I thought I would put the stock cans back on to go back to stealth mode.

Thing is, now that I have had the stock cans back on for a couple of weeks I have definitely noticed a change in throttle abruptness (more) than with the Leos. The bike just seemed smoother and throttle was easier to control with the Leo's on - anyone else noticed this?
Damn women, they just muck up everything about our play time, even forcing us to further farkle our bikes to cater to them... :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: ignore anything I say about the fairer gender. As a two-time loser at the game of marriage, I'm the LAST guy to listen to or give credence to... :crazy: :eek:fftopic: :to_become_senile: :warning:

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank was definitely different with the Holeshots on vs stock muffs-but it was all psychological. I had to relearn-to a degree-to use the tach and other sensory inputs to shift smoothly etc because when the noise went, so did one of my key engine management sensors.

Frank was definitely different with the Holeshots on vs stock muffs-but it was all psychological. I had to relearn-to a degree-to use the tach and other sensory inputs to shift smoothly etc because when the noise went, so did one of my key engine management sensors.
You are back to stock? Why?

One of several reasons I unloaded my Holeshots was the fact that even after a mere 12K-15K of use, the noise was considerably louder than when new. This was a source of irritation on long rides.

I liked the pipes, but I wasn't keen to have to do a canister repacking exercise twice a year.... <_<