• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aftermarket seat for gen 1.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to buy an aftermerket seat for a gen1 (2005 ) fjr. Can be front only or both. Send pics and price to [email protected] please
Just a thought that many have about seats, cushions, etc. Save your $$, quit screwing around & go for a Russell Day long. Lots of people on this

forum(myself included) have tried Corbin, AirHawk, sheep skin, goat skin from Tibet and virgin llama wool from Peru, they all basically suck !!

I am saving up for the Russell.

I would like a Russell but I am being cheap. It's not a show stopper, I have over 40k and got my IBA on a factory seat, just thought I would see what the aftermarket options are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like a Russell but I am being cheap. It's not a show stopper, I have over 40k and got my IBA on a factory seat, just thought I would see what the aftermarket options are.
Check out Laam Custom Seats, for what you will pay for a used aftermarket seat you can have a custom Laam made to fit you. front only $199.00

https://laamseats.com/yamaha-fjr-1300-pre-2006

I have a Gen 1 Sargent front seat only (not heated) I maybe willing to sell. It is in great condition, no rips or tears or anything like that. I will take and send pictures here soon, if you maybe interested. $220 + actual USPS shipping cost sound fair?

Keep your eyes open. I found a Russell on here for a very good price and it'll be here friday!

I have a Gen 1 Sargent front seat only (not heated) I maybe willing to sell. It is in great condition, no rips or tears or anything like that. I will take and send pictures here soon, if you maybe interested. $220 + actual USPS shipping cost sound fair?
$200 shipped and It's a deal. Thats about what i want to pay for a used (front only ) seat. let me know.

$200 shipped and It's a deal. Thats about what i want to pay for a used (front only ) seat. let me know.
Shipping a seat isn't so cheap and this one is in great condition. I don't need to sell, so I will pass. Thank you for the interest.

For $199.00 you can have a custom seat from Laam you just need to pay for the shipping of your seat to him (under $20.00) he pays for the shipping of your new seat back to you, turn around time about a week. BTY he worked for RDL and Mayers and says his seats are as comfortable as RDL without the long reach.

I'll put in a good word for Seth Laam. I am very happy with the Laam. 8 hrs in the saddle no problem, great workmanship, excellent customer service and Seth is just a helluva nice guy to boot.

Shipping a seat isn't so cheap and this one is in great condition. I don't need to sell, so I will pass. Thank you for the interest.
Thanks for the offer, Good luck on the sale.