aftermarket windshields

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moondog

Reaction score
Can anybody recomend an after market windshield for a FJR1300, 2005? Actually, I would like to get a stock shield from Yamaha but they are too expensive! I want shield that is not too tall, I like some wind in my face, especially when it's hot. Anybody with ideas? :

Can anybody recomend an after market windshield for a FJR1300, 2005? Actually, I would like to get a stock shield from Yamaha but they are too expensive! I want shield that is not too tall, I like some wind in my face, especially when it's hot. Anybody with ideas? :

I have a CeeBailey +3, +2. I use it for late Fall and early Spring. Keep your stock for the hot months.

piaaceebailey.jpg

Dave

PS. If you do a search you'll find a ton of info. on this subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a rifle +5+4 on my 09. As Duster19 says the search function has a ton of info, which helped me decide, cee baileys seem to be the most common though. Hardest decision will be the size. Not sure on what price you have or what the OEM are worth but found this on ebay.

https://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...=tab%3DWatching

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are looking for a stock screen. It should not take long to find one. I've seen a few on Ebay while just browsing FJR.

https://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FJR1300prod.html

I have a Cal Sci Medium which I love...I called Mark, the owner of the company and he recommended this size for my Gen I '04 in the deep south. All the way down in summer with breeze looking over it, all the way up in winter and looking through it. Just up enough to barely look over it in rain. Perfect. I'm 5' 9.5", 200# with 30" inseam

I happen to store the bike with the shield all the way up for easy post riding cleaning

3982287936_f6b1a65b06.jpg

Hope this helps,

Mike in Nawlins'