Against my better judgement posting this....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushes

Reaction score
My pos KLR found his long lost little brother...

IMAG0474_zps3a4bcae7.jpg

My plan is to spend 3 times its worth sorting it out.

I just had to tell somebody....

No camo. I might not be able to find it..

All the fellers who've relied on me for hauling spare KTM parts an tools on the pack mule are gonna be pissed.....

I'm feeling more free already....

Why would you not want to post that? I am studying mid-size to small dual sports pretty heavily right now and that bike looks like FUN to me. What besides fun is a motorcycle good for anyway?

Come on Rushes. All you have to do is spend a few thousand dollars putting an Ohlins suspension and you will have a bike that does not bottom out the suspension when you hit an expansion crack on the road. Take the KLX motor out and wedge a KTM motor in there so the bike will get out of its own way. After that throw on some decent rims that won't bend after landing a wheelie more than a foot high and replace the frame with something that is not made out of spaghetti. Once there you'll be good to go.

The KLX motor you pull out will work well as an anchor for a small dingy.

My little brother runs a KLX-250 and the only mods done were jetting, pipe, gearing and some light suspension work. Fantastic bike in the woods and trails. After chasing him through the trails on my pig (KLR) I tried his........................it is a very capable bike in the right hands. Have fun with it.

Canadian FJR

My little brother runs a KLX-250 and the only mods done were jetting, pipe, gearing and some light suspension work. Fantastic bike in the woods and trails. After chasing him through the trails on my pig (KLR) I tried his........................it is a very capable bike in the right hands. Have fun with it.

Canadian FJR
Yes, as a fellow KLR guy, you get it....

:)

Must feel tiny next to the mothership KLR and JW is right-where's the snow & mud covered bike?
Yeah, the KLX feels like a feather compared to the pack mule.

I tried playing on my lil TTR the other day in the snow. I figgered out that type of riding was more fun 35 years ago.
smile.png

My son has a modified KLX-250 which he uses for all his off track riding. He put the Bill Blue big bore kit which takes it up to 330cc. I think the only other thing he did to it was upgrade the carb. Runs like a top! I ride it sometimes and at 200lbs I've never felt the suspension bottom out. I.ve seen my son jump it and pull major wheelies with it and the rims and frame are stable. He loves it.

Come on Rushes. All you have to do is spend a few thousand dollars putting an Ohlins suspension and you will have a bike that does not bottom out the suspension when you hit an expansion crack on the road. Take the KLX motor out and wedge a KTM motor in there so the bike will get out of its own way. After that throw on some decent rims that won't bend after landing a wheelie more than a foot high and replace the frame with something that is not made out of spaghetti. Once there you'll be good to go.
The KLX motor you pull out will work well as an anchor for a small dingy.
+1, Gunny; you need to go down to Arkansas to kick some ass and take names Billy Fitz, yamafitter mi Amigo somebody has to straighten those damn Arkie Goobers out eh! JSNS!

Last edited by a moderator: