• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Alex's Side reflective decals

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex

Reaction score
I just finished a trick set of decals for the sides of our FJR bags. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. These decals match up perfectly with the lines of the bike and flow perfectly to decals that I offer for the rear of the bags. **Edit: These fit all models and years.**

I attched a picture of the install. It is very easy to put these on, just cut the paper close to the decal edge and align on the bag. Place a piece of tape on the rear edge to keep it in place and then pull of the backing paper. I simply used the palm of my hand and thumb to get a bubble free install.

They look great. Check out the pictures of the finished product:

100_0328small.jpg
100_0369small.jpg

100_0343small.jpg
100_0356small.jpg

I haven't added them to my webpage yet, but I will update it with larger photos real soon.

Pricing is $14 a pair and $2 shipping. If you don't already have the rear bag decals, you can purchase both and combine shipping for $2.50 for both kits.

Please scroll to the bottom of this page for shipping instructions: https://realtimeindustries.com/catalog/

-Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Will they fit all year models?
Absolutely. That is one of the reasons for making just the one for the bags. I made one that fit the front fender on the 06/07 model, but it didn't carry the lines of the bike well. This one reflected so much and look good just by itself, so I went with it.

-Alex

Alex - those really look good, I've always wanted to get something reflective on the sides and I already have your rear reflectors. Question, I may have missed it and I'm somewhat "color challenged," but do the side reflectors come black or the color of the sidebag (I've got an 05)? Thanks, and again, they look great!

Jim

Alex - those really look good, I've always wanted to get something reflective on the sides and I already have your rear reflectors. Question, I may have missed it and I'm somewhat "color challenged," but do the side reflectors come black or the color of the sidebag (I've got an 05)? Thanks, and again, they look great!Jim
They come in black or silver, but honestly the black looks pretty sharp on the Black Cherry and would venture to say that it would look just as good on the blue models.

Alex

They come in black or silver, but honestly the black looks pretty sharp on the Black Cherry and would venture to say that it would look just as good on the blue models.
Which ones do you think would look best against Cerulean?

I would go with the black version. I really need to take better pics after work to show the real color during the day. the black on red looks good. It shows up as grayish in the pictures.

Alex,
Could you make a reflective decal, black for a GIVI V46 top box?

Thanks, Dave
Sure, PM me your email and I'll get something going for you.

Alex

I would go with the black version. I really need to take better pics after work to show the real color during the day. the black on red looks good. It shows up as grayish in the pictures.

Alex,
Could you make a reflective decal, black for a GIVI V46 top box?

Thanks, Dave

Alex

Whoa, Alex! If you have some reflective black decals for the Givi V46, I'm interested. Should I PM or what?

Alex I have an early generation of the rear ones but I want the ones that have FJR and the Yami logo. Any instructions for removing old ones?

Thanks gypsy

Alex I have an early generation of the rear ones but I want the ones that have FJR and the Yami logo. Any instructions for removing old ones?
Thanks gypsy
Use a blow drier to warm up the bag, then peel VERY slowly. (get the bag pretty warm) Then use WD-40 to soften any left behind stuff on the outline of the old decals.

-Alex

Alex
Whoa, Alex! If you have some reflective black decals for the Givi V46, I'm interested. Should I PM or what?
Sure, you can PM me or email me. I'll soon have kits for the 52 for sure, and just started working with a member on a 46. Then I also have TWN's 46/35 setup that I will be making a kit for too.

-Alex

Alex - gotta say that I don't think I'll go for the black/silver on my Galaxy Blue sidebags. Silver might look ok though....

Anyway, have you considered making something for the forks or the silver plastic below the seats? I'd like to get some more reflecting stuff on the sides.

Ya know, the silver might not look too bad against the GBlue Bags...how about one of you guys out there try it out and post some pictures? Uhuh, I'm not doing it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex, I have your kit on the back of my bags and top case....love it. This year I added the silver (non-reflective) "Fairing Racing Stripes" from OHFJR and was wondering if your side kit in silver would match the silver of OHFJR's kit. The silver on the FRS's are pretty identical to the Cerulean Silver on the bike I think.

What's your thoughts? I went to your website but no pics of the silver. Just curious.

Thanks!