all season riding pants for well rounded fjr rider

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrwanabee

Reaction score
I have a serious question.

I'm trying to find all season riding pants. This dose not seems that difficult but it is. I know I'm not the only well rounded fjr rider.

My dimension are 42 waist and 30 inseam 5.8 height ( i know what you goint to say , so don’t. I know i'm fat.).

Thanks for you help......

I've been told by numerous riders that Fieldsheer & Olympia makes great all season riding gear.

I bought a pair of Olympia Airglide II pants (and matching jacket) last year and have nothing but good things to say about them. Ventilation is good in the hotter weather (I have the silver color that doesn't absorb heat like black) and the removable liner keeps me toasty in the cooler weather.

My recco: Aerostich Darien -- maybe a little spendy?; but, are available in different, actual, sizes (as opposed to s, m, l); some color selection; and can be altered/tailored to your specifications.

You may be able to locate some Darien Light, too -- although I think I heard they're being discontinued?

Either way, you'll be getting good gear (imo) with many options to get it right.

There's also a cheaper Aerostitch option. They apparantly redesigned the Darien pants and weren't happy with how they turned out. These AD1 pants are actually better than the standard Darien pant and about $100 less. I have a pair that work great and I can't find anything wrong with them other than some extra velcro on the inside where the knee pads mount.

Last edited by a moderator:
may i suggest that whatever pant you decide, that they have some way of connecting to your protective jacket, so that in a getoff the jacket doesn't ride up and defeat the purpose of your wearing the gear to begin with? just offering a suggestion.

dean

cincinnati

Olympia Air (use liner as needed)

They come LOOOOONNNNGGGG but a couple days and $15 spent at your local dry cleaners will get them hemmed for you.

They come LOOOOONNNNGGGG but a couple days and $15 spent at your local dry cleaners will get them hemmed for you.
I think I am going to end up biting the bullet and buying some of this stuff too, some time soon. Both their Jacket and Pants in the silver I think.

https://www.olympiamotosports.com/airglide/airglide.htm

To the OP, there are many manufacturers of bike gear that make their stuff in sizes appropriate for your greatness. There's a link to the OLympia size chart at the above link and they go to 4XL...

I think I am going to end up biting the bullet and buying some of this stuff too, some time soon. Both their Jacket and Pants in the silver I think.

To the OP, there are many manufacturers of bike gear that make their stuff in sizes appropriate for your greatness. There's a link to the OLympia size chart at the above link and they go to 4XL...
That is jacket size.....pants only go to 44 waist.

I've go the FirstGear HT Air overpants and the Olympia Airs. Here's what I think and do:

I find that my legs don't get that cold in the winter so I use the FG with the thin waterproof and lightly insulated liner in the winter. Work great for me.

I use the Olympias in the summer as they are silver (don't absorb heat) and they flow air noticeably better than the FG. They come with a detatchable liner - pretty thick and you can wear them by themselves - as I have around the house. But, I find that these pants fit tigher and while I can comfortably wear the pants/liner, it's a tight fit for pants/liner and dungarees.

Good thing he only needed a 42 :)

Bottom line is don't worry about the length, a good taylor/can alter/hem most moto pants. I had both the outer and the liner done for about $15 bucks.

I will definitely take a closer look at the Olympia. I actually purchased an Olympia leather jacket about 4 years ago but they did not make matching pants in my size. Ha.., can imagine my self in leather pants anyway. I see the company has matured and now they carry a wider product line. I will also take a closer look at the FirstGear HT Air overpants .

Thank You ... :yahoo:

I too am a 42 X 30 and wear "Stich" for most of the year, but when it gets really hot the First Gear overpants works well in the summer.

jim

+1 on the Aerostich Darien AD1 pants. From 100+ down to frost bite temps, monsoon to desert they work. Zip on and off in a NY minute.

I'm also 42/30, and I found that Tour Master (at least at the time) sized their pants in long, regular, and short, so I got the XXXL short, which says 40-42. Without boots they drag the ground, but with boots they're perfect. The knee armor has 3 positions it will ride in.

These were Venture Air, which I don't think are available any more, but they've replaced them with something this year, I'm sure. Mesh overpants, with a waterproof liner and a quilted thermal liner.

I've worn them down to 25 degrees with no problem. I've also been soaked in them, again no problem.

Good thing he only needed a 42 :)

Bottom line is don't worry about the length, a good taylor/can alter/hem most moto pants. I had both the outer and the liner done for about $15 bucks.

I was just informing the other readers such as myself that have a larger gut, er....status symbol :huh:

I purchased Tour Master Venture Air pants about two months ago. Wow, excellent pants. I did 700 miles so-far and and not a one complain. thanks... :)

Good deal, glad you like them. I really have found that I prefer the overpants to having to find a way to change somewhere, and those have been with me in Florida summer and, well, Florida winter. North Florida. It gets below freezing. Sometimes. If it's bad it'll be cold on consecutive days even!