Alt Fuse box found

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just in case the BlueSea is too bulky, I found this fuse box

https://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Auxili...el-p-16296.html
$49 bucks is cheap. Question to those who are more knowlegable: How does it compare to the bluesea? Any downsides. a block is high on my winter farkle list.....TIA
I really don't see any down sides. One of the things I like about the Blue Sea is the negative bus which this seems to have also. I like that this one has lugless terminals. Only downside is it's twice the price of the Blue Sea. Although if it's half the size it may be worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been running the CenTech piece for about 1-1/2 years. I have it tucked up in the left fairing, bolted to the mirror arm bolt, sans the cover. Works great and I only have to access it when wiring up a new farkle or making adjustments to existing. Since I can now pop off the dash panel in about 30 seconds (after snapping off the pocket mating tab), access is not an issue.

'Course, most of the members here simply opt for the cheap ****'s way out and spend a buck-fiddy at the Shack to accomplish the same thing. ;)

I got the WhiteHorse Press catalog today and they are selling a fuse block that looks suspiciously like a Blue Sea but sells for $24ish dollars. I think I paid close to $35 at West Marine for mine. Might be something all you future farklers might want to check into.

fusb.jpg

What kind of junk are you pups putting on your scoots? Coffee makers I can understand. Tire inflaters...ok, that's pushing it. Gps? Radar? Live a little for christ's sake. Go solo and naked.

That is the Centech, you are referring to.I bought it direct and they also have an excellent relay / wiring kit w/ very high quality wire which is labeled on the wire where it goes. Of course color coded as well. As I posted previously, if you order the relay harness kit, let them know it is for an FJR and the wires will be longer as mine did not reach the battery from the spot in the tail section where I mounted the box. It is good quality.

What kind of junk are you pups putting on your scoots? Coffee makers I can understand. Tire inflaters...ok, that's pushing it. Gps? Radar? Live a little for christ's sake. Go solo and naked.
Needed it for the SO's VibeMaster 3000.

Here's an old, but applicable EZBoard thread that has some good info. Photos start on page 2 of the thread.

CLICKY HERE

EDIT: Geeze-Louise! I just re-read that thread. The ol 'Nut was actually a newbie once folks. He was actually helpful and nice!

Brought a freakin tear to my eye. Sniff - sniff.

Odots looking for a converter small enough to mount under the fairing, don't let him fool ya....

P2052_2.jpg

Here's an old, but applicable EZBoard thread that has some good info. Photos start on page 2 of the thread.
CLICKY HERE

EDIT: Geeze-Louise! I just re-read that thread. The ol 'Nut was actually a newbie once folks. He was actually helpful and nice!

Brought a freakin tear to my eye. Sniff - sniff.
Gee-whiz, did that bring back some memories or what?

I remember now from reading the thread that ScooterG posted that the only downside to the Centec box was that the circuit board was exposed on the back. No big deal, but it was one of the things that prompted me to buy the Blue Seas box and put it under the back seat. The Blue Seas is pretty well insulated; it would take a determined poke under the lid to cause a short.

"Underside of unit. You can see here the "paths" for the ground bus, positive hook-ups and fuses. This back is "exposed" except for the 4 mounting doo-hickeys which keep it off anything."