Alternative source for Moko replacement slider

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardsNbikes

Reaction score
Anyone know of an alternative source for Moko sliders than Wild Hair Accessories? It seems Wild Hair is on another "vacation" stint to July 17 after just shutting down for a couple of weeks in June. I'm all for supporting the small guy with good service but completely shutting down the shop in the internet world is a bit troubling.

Anyone know of an alternative source for Moko sliders than Wild Hair Accessories? It seems Wild Hair is on another "vacation" stint to July 17 after just shutting down for a couple of weeks in June. I'm all for supporting the small guy with good service but completely shutting down the shop in the internet world is a bit troubling.
Have you looked at the skyway sliders? Look at the vendors section of the forum.

Bike Johnny carries both the R&G and the Moko sliders. They've carried replacment parts for the R&G in the past. It'd be worth it to check them out for the Moko bits, too. https://www.bikejohnny.com

IMO I'm not conviced that a metal bobbin will dissipate the engery of a wreck like a standard bobbin will. I've yet to hear from anyone anything that convinces me otherwise wrt transferring the impact to the frame instead of absorbing it. IOW a metal bobbin doesn't appear to provide a "crumple zone".

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike Johnny carries both the R&G and the Moko sliders. They've carried replacment parts for the R&G in the past. It'd be worth it to check them out for the Moko bits, too. https://www.bikejohnny.com
IMO I'm not conviced that a metal bobbin will dissipate the engery of a wreck like a standard bobbin will. I've yet to hear from anyone anything that convinces me otherwise wrt transferring the impact to the frame instead of absorbing it. IOW a metal bobbin doesn't appear to provide a "crumple zone".
But it sure is purdy! I'm trying to save the plastic not the frame. Anything that would damage the frame would most likely break through any plastic and I don't know how much crumple zone a small plastic bobbin provides. But you do have a point.

Someone on the forum did drop their bike and no damage using skyway frame sliders. As far as i remember though he didn't take any pictures.

Bike Johnny carries MOKO replacements @ $42.21 each. WHA has them for $35 plus 5 for shipping. These may not be MOKO's, but for consumables who cares.

They are $22 per set including bolt, washer and inserts. They don't have them in the online mall, but you may call to order them.

Bike Johnny carries MOKO replacements @ $42.21 each. WHA has them for $35 plus 5 for shipping. These may not be MOKO's, but for consumables who cares.
They are $22 per set including bolt, washer and inserts. They don't have them in the online mall, but you may call to order them.
Do you have a phone number for Motovation. I do not seem to find a phone number for them in their web site.

I would like to order replacement bobbins.

Thanks