am i an idiot?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dean

mst3kguy
Reaction score
am i an idiot? i cannot get the seat back on when i have that cheap plastic h-shaped "seat adjuster" in the L position. i finally just took the thing off, the seat was a little loose, but cinched up a bit when i put on the passenger seat.

am i missing something here?

am i an idiot? i cannot get the seat back on when i have that cheap plastic h-shaped "seat adjuster" in the L position. i finally just took the thing off, the seat was a little loose, but cinched up a bit when i put on the passenger seat.
Did you flip the plastic piece over that the front of the front seat goes into at the rear of the tank? I assume you have a '06 or '07.

B)

The owners manual tells all. Well, it was a little vague, but if I understood it, it couldn't be too bad. I personally wouldn't want a seat that was "a little loose"....... but that's just me......

Two peaces you have to adjust. One for front of seat (as zzzzip stated) and one for rear of seat.

I went through that same exercise yesterday and nicked my finger to add further aggravation. You have to (if it isn't already) invert the plastic piece at the front of the seat pan so that the tongue on the front of the seat slides in the lower position. The manual is less then clear even with pictures.

And I got blood on my bike which really really pisses me off. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
am i an idiot? .... am i missing something here?
how bout the irony of the item in your sig line: www.giftsforengineers.com

are you an engineer, or just sell engineers gifts?

lol...

happy riding...

dana

lol...

happy riding...

dana
that's my wife's website, and my father-in-law is a structural engineer as well. i've found, at least among my fj owning/riding friends, there seems to be an oddly disproportionate amount of engineer- and otherwise really smart-types on that list. figured since the fjr is the next gen fj, there may likely be lots of engineer- and otherwise really smart-types on this list, too.

me? i couldn't engineer a hole in the ground unless i low-sided into it. ( :

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you put out?
Me, no, but I did read something about cops once....

copdicks1.jpg

Guess this guy was responding to the ad :eek:

:lol:

lol...

happy riding...

dana
that's my wife's website, and my father-in-law is a structural engineer as well. i've found, at least among my fj owning/riding friends, there seems to be an oddly disproportionate amount of engineer- and otherwise really smart-types on that list. figured since the fjr is the next gen fj, there may likely be lots of engineer- and otherwise really smart-types on this list, too.

me? i couldn't engineer a hole in the ground unless i low-sided into it. ( :
Next question! Did you get your seat adjusted properly. If you did, then it was worth asking.