AME grips, positive service.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiggerDr.

Reaction score
When I bought the FJR it had a set of these heated grips installed. They have the pushbutton on the grip and not remotely mounted in the wiring like the new version. The left one failed. I checked Ebay and called different dealers trying to find just the left grip. I did not really want to buy a complete set unless I had no choice. I finally called customer service. Unfortunately, the remote button sets are not compatible with the old system. They promised to check their old stock and call me back the next Monday. They did call back to tell me that they had no replacements available. They did tell me about a problem they had which led to the new design. The representative I spoke with told me he might possibly have one at home in a box left over from trade shows. Promised to call me the next day. He kept his word. He also had a grip for me. My response was "Thats great! What will it cost?" The reply, "Nothing and free shipping" That friends is great customer service. It showed up 2 days later. I never expected a free replacement. I did not purchase these new. I am not saying they are the best or the worst. Just damn happy with their customer service!

Last edited by a moderator: