An old topic, slider torque .

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okmac

Reaction score
I ride an 07 FJR. I had Smittey install sliders soon after I bought the bike. Off and on since then , when I read something about slider torque I would tell myself that I should re-check the troque.

On the way home from SFO I noticed , at least I thought I did, more viberation in the foot pegs then I should have. Today I finally checked the torque on the sliders. "WOW" I really don't. know what the torque really was as I just set my torque wrench to 30 ft. lb. Yes , I know it should be 35.

Don't know how tight they were, all I know is that it took a lot of movement to get them to 30 lbs. Yes, I did the left one first. One learns a lot from this forum.

I then set my torque wrench to 35 lbs. I tightened the left one first but could not bring myself to to all the way to 35. So they are now tightened some where between 30 and 35 ft. lbs.

If you have not checked yours for quite a while you might want to check them.

Mac

Not sure on the torque but use locktite. I have motovation black sliders and one fell off between my house and work. When I called motovation and was a bit embarrassed to order just one the sale person said "let me guess...one fell off and you didn't use locktite.... it happens all the time."