And I thought it was dead: helmet customer service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slapnpop

Rest in Peace our Forum Founder
Reaction score
I've made my rants about how much I like my AGV tiTech hemlet before. Today though, my breath deflector broke one of its mounting tabs.

Since I'm one of those pesamists that belives customer service is dead, I call up the helmet harbor, whith whom I'd had good dealings buying the helmet, prepared to order a replacement.

"how long have you had it, it's a new model of helmet"

3 months

"oh, well, hurm.. it's not a part that I can normally order, supposed to be indistructable. Here's the phone number for my national AGV rep, call him, and he'll probably give you a free one."

Sure enough, i call up, and he sends me a free breathe guard. He also takes the time to ask what graphics I have, and how I like it, and what I'd like to see better about it, and gives me some times on helping the things I didn't like.

And I thought customer service was dead. I'll definatly be checking helmet harbor again when I need a new helmet, and AGV might just be right at the top of my list again.

Thanks guys (and gals) who actually do your job right and take pride in it. You're becoming a rare breed, and I appriciate you all, even if no one else does! I like to think I fall into this catagory at work, but that's for the customers to decide.

Ditto w/ Bell helmets. Have an Iron Eagle graphic M4. Fits the round head very well. Wanted to get the g/f a matching one. Called the co. in Calif. and was told that the graphic was discontinued and I was out of luck. Told him I had bought several Bell helmets both for me and the P.D. motor officers. He said to call him back the next day, he'd do some more checking. Called back, "I found one in the warehouse that was a floor demo, not in orig. box but still w/ plastic over the shield. Give me $80 and it's yours", and sent it right away. Helmet was brand new and a great buy, no scratches. Fortunately there are still some that will go the extra mile. :D

Since I'm one of those pesamists that belives customer service is dead, I call up the helmet harbor, whith whom I'd had good dealings buying the helmet, prepared to order a replacement.
Sure enough, i call up, and he sends me a free breathe guard. He also takes the time to ask what graphics I have, and how I like it, and what I'd like to see better about it, and gives me some times on helping the things I didn't like.

And I thought customer service was dead. I'll definatly be checking helmet harbor again when I need a new helmet, and AGV might just be right at the top of my list again.
Slap you are way too negative...you need to get out and ride more :D

I LOVED my AGV helmet. Actually, I've had a lot of them and loved them all. But I loved the last one most. It was comfortable, even with headsets, had a low chin bar so I didn't get claustrophobic, was fairly quiet, and the visor popped off for cleaning in a second. Its idiosyncracies were the breath guard (!) was trash (no biggie to me) and the top vents didn't close. This meant a wet head in the rain (piece of electrical tape for that--it comes in colors so I used gray).

But the best part was when I went down, and the helmet was chipped and visor all scraped up, I had NO head or neck injuries--my glasses weren't even knocked askew. I retired it then.

I had bought a Arai thinking it might be even more comfortable and quieter. It isn't. It's OK, but overpriced, poorly made (cheek pads don't snap in right, top vent came off), has a horrible visor release, and is really noisy.

Overpriced, overhyped, poor QC---Overrated. Now it's my helmet until I have ised it long enough (2-3 years) to justify getting another AGV.

Had a Shoei that I liked, too.