...and so, it begins... Farkle Claus is in the hizzle!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportsguy

searchgeek - author
Reaction score
After trolling around, finding deals, reading posts, changing my mind, then perusing pictures, I pulled the trigger. Ordered the Yamaha factory top box & mounting plate today.

I know the Givi units have a bit more functional space inside them, but I prefer the looks of the Yamaha factory top box on the bike.

Thus, I pulled the trigger and ordered the top box and mounting plate - I'll likely pick up the passenger back-rest at a later time, if needed (depending on the jacket we get for my wife, any armor inside might make it comfortable enough for her without the backrest pads).

Should be here in a week or so.

The factory box is just shy of 52 litres (51.8xx), and the lines match those of the bike very well, I think. Looking forward to having more "trunk" space. Got tasked with bringing home some groceries & dog food yesterday - no drama with panniers, but I opted for dinner rolls instead of a loaf of bread to be sure it'd all fit in the left side bag... thinking back, I should have just grabbed a long baguette and stuck it in my jacket!

Also in the garage now are retro-reflective panels for the rear of the panniers, tank protector (clear gel) and not-for-the-bike-but-for-me... Pin-Lock inserts for the helmet - light smoke gray for daytime riding (should work well with sun glasses for sunny days) and clear for night-time & winter riding. So far I can say the pinlock inserts live up to their claims of no fogging. Even heavy breathing (for testing purposes only) and a completely closed helmet (vents, too) could not get the visor to fog where the insert was positioned. Been great on my last few rides to not have to frig around with sunglasses, too. :)

Next I have to get Sticky Wit It and get my reflectors and tank guard installed.

The first REAL farkle was the new suspension settings George hooked me up with last weekend! Works much better now. :) Tough to tell anything was even done when he was finished - bike looked completely factory after he twiddled knobs and fiddled bits... er, you know what I mean... on the bike, of course...

Looks like heated grips might happen in the next month or so, and a CEE Baileys +4 flip, +3, as well as a Kisan modulator, a dash/shelf, a new GPS and a Battery Tender.

...and so I emerse myself in the hot spring of farkling, letting the gentle waves of retail therapy float over me... who am I to resist...?

Looks like heated grips might happen in the next month or so, and a CEE Baileys +4 flip, +3, as well as a Kisan modulator, a dash/shelf, a new GPS and a Battery Tender.
...and so I emerse myself in the hot spring of farkling, letting the gentle waves of retail therapy float over me... who am I to resist...?

Welcome to the Addiction my friend..

Ps, with regards to the Kisan, Clicky

Yo yo yo chek chek it.... shizzle on the fizzle baby. Keep the feejer dope to stay fly. Me homies are down wit it.

Planned farkles this week:

* CB flip shield.

* Install heli clamp.

* Add reflective tape.

* Datel voltmeter.

* Have local upholstery shop price a custom seat.

* Cycleport kevlar gloves.

Things I want to accomplish by end of July:

* Motofizz bag. Med or large?

* Fuzeblock. Do I need Bike Effects wiring harness?

* Schampa waterproof neck gaiter.

* Shure sound-isolating earphones.

* Gps and touratech mount. Can't decide on which model.

* Radar detector mount.

* Ipod or similiar device.

* Back Off Module and add'l tail lights.

* Replace turn-signals with led's.

* Update tool & first-aid kit.

* New Sidi boots.

* LED flashlight.

* Have local seamstress tighten-up my cycleport jacket.

It's possible I may be laid-off from work in a month or two and I wanna be ready to hit the road in case that happens.

(Edit) And more on the list:

* Driving lights.

* Avcc.

* V1 remote indicator.

* Mufflers.

(2nd Edit) Mcgyver74 inspired me to add my finished farkle list:

* Throttle spring re-wind (does this count)?

* V-1 radar detector.

* Cee Bailey's headlight guards.

* Motovation sliders.

* Maniac Salamander 16oz bar ends.

* Grip puppies.

* PCIII.

* Real Time Industries saddle bag reflectors w/ logos.

* Fiamm Highway Blasters w/ Randy's wiring harness.

* Cheap ass helmet lock, throttle lock, & radiator guard.

So the accomplished-farkle list is small. Much to do...

Farkle-itis is a prominent disease and there is no cure. This disease is much easier to cope with if you are not married - at least this is what my co-workers tell me as they always come to my desk to see what I've ordered for my bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, here is what I have so far...(Keep in mind I've had the bike for all of 2.5 weeks and 1200 miles :) )

Heli Upper Triple Clamp

OES Frame Sliders

HyperLites

Givi mount for Topcase

Reflective coverings for bags (Tailbrights)

Twisted Throttle Rear Bag

Ram mount for GPS (Nuvi 200W)

Headlight Modulator (signal Dynamics not yet installed, will be ordering Kisan tonight since it's Plug and Play)

No name knock off tank bag with Amplirider installed inside for Ipod access

On it's way

N/Line Dash Shelf

Cee Bailey +2h +2w windscreen

Russel Day-long saddle (Prod date for 7/30)

Will order when more dough arrives :)

Kisan Tire Pressure Monitoring System (prob order next week)

Sonic Front Springs

Grip puppies

You guys saving money for tickets and lawyers? That right grip can get costly.

The first REAL farkle was the new suspension settings George hooked me up with last weekend! Works much better now. :) Tough to tell anything was even done when he was finished - bike looked completely factory after he twiddled knobs and fiddled bits... er, you know what I mean... on the bike, of course...
I love it when you talk dirty... We can probably do some additional fine tuning of the settings once you have a chance to put a few more miles on. Let me know if you want to peek at my CB 4/3 before ordering.

--G

I love it when you talk dirty... We can probably do some additional fine tuning of the settings once you have a chance to put a few more miles on. Let me know if you want to peek at my CB 4/3 before ordering.
--G

Definitely on the suspension tuning, George - thgis time I'll even pay attention to watch & learn. :)

I suspect I'm just going to pull the trigger on the Cee Bailey. I appreciate the offer, but I'm running low on time and this weekend is a bust for me. :( Mostly likely I'll wing it, grab a +4, +3 flip and call it ready for winter riding. If it turns out I don't liek it, someone here will get a discount when I resell, and I'll try another. (No one ever said farkling isn't without pitfalls... ;) )

Sportsguy, might I recommend that your first farkle be sliders/TOG's, or in the alternative, crash bars. I like the OES's, and search here on the forum for the thread about the nifty rear sliders from Belgium to save the tank bags.

It was mine, and I hope to never use them.

Just odered the CeeBaileys...

+4, +3, clear, flip

windscreen gasket

headlight protector

With shipping, via the group buy, less than $220 all in. :)

Next up, this weekend, the OES sliders.

Just looked up the Bike Design rear sliders... uhm... after the currency conversion, those puppied are pushing $210... :( (*scratching head wondering why sales are slow...*)

The tinkerer in me think somehting can be constructed locally for less money... or, if not, at least it'll be a fun project. :)

I can see where I'm going to need tools to get this gear installed... come on movers!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
After trolling around, finding deals, reading posts, changing my mind, then perusing pictures, I pulled the trigger. Ordered the Yamaha factory top box & mounting plate today.
I know the Givi units have a bit more functional space inside them, but I prefer the looks of the Yamaha factory top box on the bike.

Thus, I pulled the trigger and ordered the top box and mounting plate - I'll likely pick up the passenger back-rest at a later time, if needed (depending on the jacket we get for my wife, any armor inside might make it comfortable enough for her without the backrest pads).

Should be here in a week or so.

The factory box is just shy of 52 litres (51.8xx), and the lines match those of the bike very well, I think. Looking forward to having more "trunk" space. Got tasked with bringing home some groceries & dog food yesterday - no drama with panniers, but I opted for dinner rolls instead of a loaf of bread to be sure it'd all fit in the left side bag... thinking back, I should have just grabbed a long baguette and stuck it in my jacket!

Also in the garage now are retro-reflective panels for the rear of the panniers, tank protector (clear gel) and not-for-the-bike-but-for-me... Pin-Lock inserts for the helmet - light smoke gray for daytime riding (should work well with sun glasses for sunny days) and clear for night-time & winter riding. So far I can say the pinlock inserts live up to their claims of no fogging. Even heavy breathing (for testing purposes only) and a completely closed helmet (vents, too) could not get the visor to fog where the insert was positioned. Been great on my last few rides to not have to frig around with sunglasses, too. :)

Next I have to get Sticky Wit It and get my reflectors and tank guard installed.

all that's fine buy first is ATGATT (all the gear all the time)

be sure you have the following - the BEST you can afford:

full face or flip up helmet

armored jacket(s) appropriate for riding temps

armored pants(s) appropriate for riding temps

motorcycle boots

armored gloves for riding temps

rain gear

eye protection

you probably already addressed this issue, but just sayin'

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

Got the atgatt, though thanks for the reminder. :)

Boots - check

Pants - check

Gloves - check, check, check

Jacket - check (heavier), check (lighter)

Helmet - check

MSF course - check, check

Insurance - CHECK and... cheque... ;)

Sensible attitude - check, check, check

Also just ordered the OES sliders, too, so banner day for farkles!

Naturally, I'll end up moving into a new house next week and need to redirect orders, I'm sure...

Hi, my name is Mike and I'm a farkle o holic

I'm in the 13 step program and attend the local meeting once a month

My sponsor is RadioHowie and I call him before sucumbing to another purchase

He assists me with my addiction and staying off ebay and internet stores

He convinced me to cancel all email notifications and newsletter

The only sale he's approved of during the last 6 months is a Nautilus Air Horn

Thank you for your support...my name is Mike and I'm a farkle o holic

My sponsor is RadioHowie and I call him before sucumbing to another purchaseThe only sale he's approved of during the last 6 months is a Nautilus Air Horn
Did he also approve the mounting location? :bad: :crazy:

I was going to ask him to be my sponsor, but with this new information I'm having second thoughts. <_<

Now I've go the headlight modulator and tail light modulator on the way. Also ordered a locking tank ring for another project. ;)

holy crap, I'm old apparently

I've spent minimum 10-12 hours searching/bookmarking/studying old posts on installing the audiovox cruise control and I'm annoying the hell out of poor Murph clicky, trying to get him to order a set of scala Q2 multiset bluetooth helmet thingies for me, to include it all on one shipment to canada.

damn, now that I read all your posts, I forgot the 16oz bar-ends. Poor Murph.

holy crap, I'm old apparentlyI've spent minimum 10-12 hours searching/bookmarking/studying old posts on installing the audiovox cruise control and I'm annoying the hell out of poor Murph clicky, trying to get him to order a set of scala Q2 multiset bluetooth helmet thingies for me, to include it all on one shipment to canada.

damn, now that I read all your posts, I forgot the 16oz bar-ends. Poor Murph.
I live to serve, my Leige... :D