Angled Valve Stems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raymond

Reaction score
Guys this putting air in my tyres has me worries sometimes as I feel like I'm going to pop the rubber straight up one out or partially tear it somehow without knowing, not to mention its a bit awkward. Been looking and found a European made stem with an 83 deg angle on them made from alloy (Ariete). Is there anything I should be aware of before buying a set of these, and how long do they usually last. What other brand would you suggest? Thanks

Guys this putting air in my tyres has me worries sometimes as I feel like I'm going to pop the rubber straight up one out or partially tear it somehow without knowing, not to mention its a bit awkward. Been looking and found a European made stem with an 83 deg angle on them made from alloy (Ariete). Is there anything I should be aware of before buying a set of these, and how long do they usually last. What other brand would you suggest? Thanks
I use this tire gauge which clamps on my my 83 degree stems . The threads have Loctite and seem to seat very well. Once the gauge is clamped on you can put all the pressure you want on the other end of the gauge to inflate. So far no issues and I have had 7 or 8 tires on the back, a 4 or 5 on the front.

Thanks Marty. I've got a digital gauge myself with a 90 end on it for checking pressures, thats the easy bit. Its the fuel station airhoses that are a pain to get on my valves at the moment. Those valve stems you have are the same ones I'm looking at buying, so glad to hear your happy so far with them. Thanks for your tip also on the loctite.

Thanks Marty. I've got a digital gauge myself with a 90 end on it for checking pressures, thats the easy bit. Its the fuel station airhoses that are a pain to get on my valves at the moment. Those valve stems you have are the same ones I'm looking at buying, so glad to hear your happy so far with them. Thanks for your tip also on the loctite.
Actually I have a Cycle Pump and usually add air in the driveway before heading out, and I use my air gauge. And I do take the gauge with me on the road just in case so I can clamp one end on gently to my valve stems and use the other end to wrestle the station air hoses. I don't want any station valves in contact with my stems. Plus I get accurate pressure reading instantly.

I have a little, inexpensive 120V air compressor made by Interdynamics, similar to this one, except mine is about 15 years old.

41OL+-PwUFL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Clicky

It comes in very handy to get the cold air pressures set before a day of riding. The chuck is a clamping type, though made of plastic it does a fine job of sealing without putting pressure on the angled stems.

I've been running these from forum member BikeEffects whose vendor offer can be found on this thread.
yep, purchased these recently and my Shop has them with new tires to install along with my engine swap

also, I like a digital pressure gauge with hose for easy checking, but want electronic/digital

THIS AIR PRESSURE GAUGE BY KURYAKYN IS A GOOD CHOICE

just Google "kuryakyn compact digital tire gauge 6012"

BILL GATES USES THIS GAUGE !!!

as a bit of an aside, I carry this 12v MICHELIN TYRE INFLATOR in my right hard bag with my plug kits, tools, and spares. It really is a cool pump with digital readout and buttons to punch in the desired pressure and hit go. It automatically stops when that pressure is reached. No fuss, no muss. I purchased mine from Pep Boys maybe 3 years ago and it's doing just fine. Have not seen it lately on any store shelves. Pretty small package, also, but too big for the tool tray or under seat that many use to carry a very small pump.

hope this helps someone, :clapping:

Mike in Nawlins'

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all for the info it is of great help, as usual on this forum. I just went and ordered the ali 83 deg valve stems from bike effects. I gotta get one of those compact pumps one day as well.