Another arrival of -06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaj

Reaction score
Wow, it has arrived, my new blue-silver -06.

Unfortunately it is still -10 celcius degrees in Finland, so I left it to my dealer.

Some accessories:

-Foot shields

-Roller protections

-Yam's topcase (with silver lid, because the "silver line" cont. upwards)

-Innerbag topcase

-Backrest for topcase

-Side case liners (innerbags)

-Semi transparent tank pad (FJR)

I also ordered Yam's mounting kit for navigator, hope it'll be suitable for my Garmin Quest...

Now I only wish that weather would change B)

Congratulations Kaj!

When will temps be okay for you to ride? What are road conditions like where you are?

BTW, (on a completely different note) I back in elementary school, Finland was "my" country for a report. While reading about Finland, I grew to really respect the Finns for their tenaciousness at protecting their land. I felt sad when the gov't had to give away a large part of their country as part of the peace treaty. I presume alot of Finns still resentful for all that happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Kaj!
When will temps be okay for you to ride? What are road conditions like where you are?
Normally here the driving season is April - September (October is maximum).

In other words, just six months reasonable weather. Roads are typically on good shape and you can find a good choice of different curvy roads. Only big issue is very low speed limit. Between 80 - 100 km/h (motorways 120 km/h), and the fine system is really awful, the amount you have to pay, depends on your salary level. Rich people can get fines like 150.000 € when driving 60 km/h when limit is only 40 km/h :eek: ok, that is true, but then you gotta be really rich :agent:

kaj, how hard is it to cross borders over there? Like ,say,into Russia? Much hassle from the bureacrats?

Hey - Congrats on your new scoot. My good bud just moved to Stavanger sp? Norway. He says it warmer than Wisconsin!

kaj, how hard is it to cross borders over there? Like ,say,into Russia? Much hassle from the bureacrats?
To Sweden, Norway, Estonia...no problems at all, piece of cake.

To Russia, well, I should say don't even try...but of course it is possible. But I just wonder, why would you like to go to Russia?

How about some pics????
This morning still -7 celcius (19 F) and half a meter snow everywhere...

I guess that I'll start driving with it 31.3. if weather changes as it normally does at this time of the year. I promise to show some pics a.s.a.p.

To Sweden, Norway, Estonia...no problems at all, piece of cake.

To Russia, well, I should say don't even try...but of course it is possible. But I just wonder, why would you like to go to Russia?
I hear there is a museum there worth seeing in St. Petersburg.

Ballet.

Anything else?