Another HID option?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The do look a pinch on the small size, reflector housing-wise. And I am wondering how the beamcast can be "fog" and "driving" concurrently....

Still, I think someone should buy them, test them out and report back! :D

WELL............................

I've got 'em on the way! :D

Could take me a bit to get the whole wiring thing down as I have yet to add any electrical farkles what so ever to the bike.

I imagine that I will have to rig up a different switch and such, but I'll piccie everything and report when it's done. (just don't hold your breath cuz I'm kinda slow):stupid:

(wiring assistance from anyone in the Cincinnati area accepted) :help:

Cool. Which ones' did you get?

I notice all are spec'd at 3200 lumens. Anybody know what the PHIDs are supposed to put out lumens wise?

Other questions -

How many watts for each of the models shown? I am assumng they are all the same since they appear to have the same bulb, so how many.

What is the beam pattern for each of the models? 5 degrees? 10-15 degrees? 25 degrees?

The chrome is gay-assed but the price is right. Hmmmmmm........

OK,

A long and sorted story here.

I was about to buy the PHID's from Catfish when I found these at XenonDepot. For 2C's less I thought I'd give them a try and report back. A week after ordering I had not recieved a confirmation of order so I sent an e-mail questioning.

I got a reply the next day saying they were looking into my order and would be back to me shortly......One week later I send additional e-mails.......One week later I send more e-mails threatening to file a Complaint w/ Paypal. Got a response this time and they were backordered until Dec 19.

I replied saying OK, can wait until then but I requested both confirmation of that e-mail and confirmation on the 12th of either order reciept or refund of funds. I got the first confirmation.......On the 12th - nothing. By the 18th...nothing, so I filed the complaint with Paypal (didn't want to lose the 45 day window from purchase). 10 days later, paypal refunds money without so much as a word from the vendor.

Another case of "if it is too good to be true, it probably is".

The last thing that Catfish said before I purchased these was "you'll be back" (with a smile).

Well, he's right, I'm back. PHID's here I come! Let the I told ya so's begin. ;)