Another Video

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed the ride. I watched a few of your others....On the Pavement Dancing on.....You came in a little hot on one of the corners.....did I hear a tire chirp?

I enjoyed the ride. I watched a few of your others....On the Pavement Dancing on.....You came in a little hot on one of the corners.....did I hear a tire chirp?
Yup. A moment of brain fade. I glanced at the scenery v. watching the riders and road ahead. Locked up the rear briefly... No big deal just a dumb move on my part...

Thanks for the positive comment, too!

Pretty cool! You should try strapping the cam to Roy's bike and turning him loose on a familiar road. I hear he's quick.

Watched your video in the middle of a cold Canadian winter day here in Montreal.

I will keep on dreaming about my 2006 FJR 1300A - recently ordered after 3 years with a ST 1300.

Thank you very much !

So what, I'm molasses? :(
Hmmm, can't say. I've never tried keeping up with you. I've never filmed myself. I've never watched a sane bike mounted video before yours came along either. You're probably really quick too. It's probably just the music that makes it seem slower than it really is. Try some Disturbed "Meaning of Life" as a soundtrack sometime. But don't listen to it while riding. You might get some unscheduled air time. Enough ego massage yet? It's just that Roy has such a reputation.

Kewl video, TWN. You're becoming our official cineast

My envy level is way into the red zone. :mad:

Weather here is cold but not too bad. Roads are still pretty salty and slippery, though and more snow is heading this way.

You'd have to clean the bike with a toothbrush after each ride <_< That friggin

salt sludge goes everywhere. Nothin' you SoCal types would understand... :cold:

In the video I saw beaucoup tar-snakes on the canyon pavement... Mmmh..don't like them mothers much..

I'm now working on a bike video made of "previously unreleased material" I shot in May. That's gonna be the only warm-weather riding I'll see for a while.

I'll be sure to share it with y'all when I'm done.

Stef

Thanks Stef. Oh and I do know about salted roads... I'm from New England! Sand, salt, granite dust... I've been there, done that!

The tar snakes this time of year are harmless unless they're wet - then they're just like wet manhole covers.

Look forward to your vid!

I finally watched it! Nice riding music. Can you let us know the music track you're using?

Does Ojai pronounce his name Wah, or Roy?

The one shot where the camera is pointed so the bike goes away from the camera, he stops and looks back! (had to insert constructive criticism)

Tell us about your gear to record these videos. Very cooL!

I finally watched it! Nice riding music. Can you let us know the music track you're using?
Thanks, Orangy.

The music is by Four 80 East, their self titled, first album, oops, cd. Boomtang Records.

Does Ojai pronounce his name Wah, or Roy?
Wah or Roy? You being funny? :dntknw: It's Roy, as traditionally pronounced.

The one shot where the camera is pointed so the bike goes away from the camera, he stops and looks back! (had to insert constructive criticism)
Gee, thanks Ebert. :p

Tell us about your gear to record these videos. Very cooL!
I use a Canon Elura 80 DV camcorder mounted to a Techmount stem stand. I process the vids using XP Home Ed's Movie Maker. I've got a much better editing program, but I'm too fooking dumb to figure it out just yet. I'm getting there, but it's slow going. Maybe MadMike can help? ;)

I need to be in San Diego next week and I hope to have the time to swing by ChaseCams.com and pick up a bullet camera. Then I'll be able to do helmet cam, fairing cam, butt cam, belly cam, fork cam, can cam and more!

IMG_1249.jpg

bullet-mount-sm.jpg

Not being funny. Roy is a French last name that is pronounced "Wah" ( say "ah" like a dr asks you to, but put a w in front). As in Patrick Roy, the best hockey goaltender of all time. :)

:hockeycheck:

Here he is with one of his 4 Stanley Cup triumphs!

ROYCUP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim,

Just for yr reference, since you're going shopping :D , this combo

01-420-2200-2.jpg

will set you back $745 incl. shipping. You can Velcro the cam to your helmet, stow the briefcase in a backpack and dangle the mike in your slipstream. You're good to go.

And you can really change angles at will, as long as you have enough Velcro to stick to your bike, your boots -- I mean you can really go overboard with this ;)

Stef

Tim,
Just for yr reference, since you're going shopping  :D , this combo

01-420-2200-2.jpg

will set you back $745 incl. shipping. You can Velcro the cam to your helmet, stow the briefcase in a backpack and dangle the mike in your slipstream. You're good to go.

And you can really change angles at will, as long as you have enough Velcro to stick to your bike, your boots -- I mean you can really go overboard with this  ;)

Stef
That's actually a pretty good deal what with the battery pack and HD DVR included. Alas, I'm already committed to my tape based DVR... Money in the wind...

TWN, this is some goooood stuff mister! I love the vid. My favorite kinda' road, too... not too tight but sweeping. I love to ride sweepers!

Thanks for the cool clips, Heidi

According to my buddy it was the stars that dented the cup. Throwing it into a pool at vinnies house(pantera). :haha: