Any 2009's out there yet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People are quick to report on this forum when they see one.

No mention yet.

I might see one this week. My school chum is opening the new Yamaha dealership Friday :clapping: an if they're out there he'll have one.

Suppose all my bitchin' about just dealin' Honda's finally paid off :lol:

:jester:

I saw two '09's at the Internation Bike show last week in Houston. The A model looks good, the same black paint with black rims. Wasn't crazy about the rims, they are a flat black. It was too much black for me, however, if that is your thing it might look just right to you.

The AE, under the vapor lights of the auditorium looked like an odd color of dark grey, almost a coffee color mixed with grey. I'm sure it was just the lights in the building.

I saw two '09's at the Internation Bike show last week in Houston. The A model looks good, the same black paint with black rims. Wasn't crazy about the rims, they are a flat black. It was too much black for me, however, if that is your thing it might look just right to you.
The AE, under the vapor lights of the auditorium looked like an odd color of dark grey, almost a coffee color mixed with grey. I'm sure it was just the lights in the building.
I was there as well. I agree that the 09 has too much black. I'd prefer the wheels to be silver, and that band around the lower bac part of the gas tank (which would be easy to do). The wheels would not be easy to change though.

I will be at the Long Beach show is a few days and I will take some shots and post them. Do you want any close ups of any particular area?

Yes, they just hitting the dealerships. The dealership called me last Wednesday letting me know my 09 AE just arrived and that it would be ready for pickup Black Friday morning. Come to find out it wasn't my AE it was someone elses 09 A.

None of the dealers in Phoenix have any yet. I saw and rode an 09 at the Phoenix Bike Show and really liked it. The best any dealers in this area can do is tell me they'll be getting one or two within a couple of months. Needless to say, I told them to call me immediately when they come in- hope they don't forget!

Pete

kpfetz

People have posted about swapping the Gen2 clutch slave cylinder for a Gen1 for lighter clutch pull but I wonder how the 2009 does it. It would be interesting if someone posts about swapping 09 stuff into an 06-08 for the clutch pull. My 2008 is fine for shifting but bad at slow speeds; my hand gets sore. Pazzo levers may alleviate this; they look like they'd be more comfortable to hold in, but it's not necessarily good enough in bad stop'n'go.

I might see one this week. My school chum is opening the new Yamaha dealership Friday :clapping: an if they're out there he'll have one.

I call bullshit

There's no way you have any friends. :lol: :p

Last edited by a moderator:

I call bullshit

There's no way you have any friends. :lol: :p
Umm, Didja look at my personal page Jackass?

Oh shit!.... I still owe ya last months "friends of bust" fee don't I?

Disregard that un ya wanker

This is all of the '09 models as of this morning...........

B.W.W. INC. METUCHEN NJ (732)494-5555 FJR13AYB

CASEY CYCLE CITY CORP. NEWPORT NEWS VA (757)595-9721 FJR13AYB

COLGAN POWERSPORTS LLC MANASSAS VA (703)369-0500 FJR13AYB

CYCLES, INC. FALLS CHURCH VA (703)237-3407 FJR13AYB

EPM PARTNERS, LLC BELLEVUE WA (425)882-4300 FJR13AYB

FACTORY MOTOR SPORTS, INC. OREGON CITY OR (503)657-4654 FJR13AYB

HATTIESBURG CYCLES, INC. HATTIESBURG MS (601)582-8611 FJR13AYB

LANPHERE ENTERPRISES INC. TIGARD OR (503)684-6600 FJR13AYB

MAX PITTS YAMAHA INC.* PERU IN (765)472-2423 FJR13AYB

MICHAEL'S RENO SUZUKI YAMAHA, INC. RENO NV (775)825-8680 FJR13AYB

MOTOR WORLD ATLANTA, INC. ROSWELL GA (770)664-0820 FJR13AYB

P & M TRANSIT COMPANY, INC DAYTONA BEACH FL (386)257-2600 FJR13AYB

RIDE MOTORSPORTS, INC. ISSAQUAH WA (425)391-4490 FJR13AYB

RIDE, INC SPRINGFIELD OH (937)323-0513 FJR13AYB

S.P.O. ENTERPRISES, INC. KANSAS CITY MO (816)942-8900 FJR13AYB

SKAGIT POWERSPORTS, INC. BURLINGTON WA (360)757-7999 FJR13AYB

TOWN CENTER MOTORCYCLE, INC. OREGON CITY OR (253)838-3290 FJR13AYB

This is all of the '09 models as of this morning...........
B.W.W. INC. METUCHEN NJ (732)494-5555 FJR13AYB

CASEY CYCLE CITY CORP. NEWPORT NEWS VA (757)595-9721 FJR13AYB

COLGAN POWERSPORTS LLC MANASSAS VA (703)369-0500 FJR13AYB

CYCLES, INC. FALLS CHURCH VA (703)237-3407 FJR13AYB

EPM PARTNERS, LLC BELLEVUE WA (425)882-4300 FJR13AYB

FACTORY MOTOR SPORTS, INC. OREGON CITY OR (503)657-4654 FJR13AYB

HATTIESBURG CYCLES, INC. HATTIESBURG MS (601)582-8611 FJR13AYB

LANPHERE ENTERPRISES INC. TIGARD OR (503)684-6600 FJR13AYB

MAX PITTS YAMAHA INC.* PERU IN (765)472-2423 FJR13AYB

MICHAEL'S RENO SUZUKI YAMAHA, INC. RENO NV (775)825-8680 FJR13AYB

MOTOR WORLD ATLANTA, INC. ROSWELL GA (770)664-0820 FJR13AYB

P & M TRANSIT COMPANY, INC DAYTONA BEACH FL (386)257-2600 FJR13AYB

RIDE MOTORSPORTS, INC. ISSAQUAH WA (425)391-4490 FJR13AYB

RIDE, INC SPRINGFIELD OH (937)323-0513 FJR13AYB

S.P.O. ENTERPRISES, INC. KANSAS CITY MO (816)942-8900 FJR13AYB

SKAGIT POWERSPORTS, INC. BURLINGTON WA (360)757-7999 FJR13AYB

TOWN CENTER MOTORCYCLE, INC. OREGON CITY OR (253)838-3290 FJR13AYB
Cool, nice for me to know no other AEs have shown up anywhere else yet.

I90 motors in Issaquah had one 09 last weekend. I really liked the raised and chromed FJR lettering in the front fairing.

I saw the same two(I suspect) at the show here in Dallas, the prior weekend.

Like you, I wasn't thrilled with the black wheels, and view it only as some kind

of manufacturing cost saving measure.

But, has anyone noticed the "1300" emblem mounted on either side of the

fairing, near the turn signals? This is what looks to be a script written "1300",

made from something like plastic chrome.

IMO, it's pretty cheesy. When I first saw it I immediately thought of the logo

that appears on Subaru vehicles:

https://images.google.com/images?hl=en&...go%22&gbv=2

Inside this forum, an FJRA & an FJRAE are pictured. I didn't notice this at the

show, but the A-model has the cheesy little "1300" adornment, but the AE does

not. At least that's how it looks.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum/lofiversion/...hp/t109867.html

I think a bright Yellow FJR, with those black wheels, would look nice !

Anyone know if the 2009's are making to the dealerships yet? I would like to see one in person.
From the pictures I've seen , the only difference I can see between the 08 and 09 is the black rims and

black trim in front of the seat / under the tank..

I don't really care for black bikes & cars,,

So, I wasn't sure about the black when I ordered my 08 ,,, but now I'm glad I got it...

I think I like the silver rims and trim better than the black ,,,,

and I like the cheesy 1300 emblem on the side fairing, too..

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?a...amp;qpid=521717

LA Yamaha in Marina Del Rey, California has a '09 A in the show room. I was in there today for some other stuff and checked it out. Nice enough, but the black wheels and black paint where the tank mates with the rest of the bike is not for me...I like the silver contrast on my '08 better :yahoo: The raised lettering is on the side fairings looks to be an attempt to make that more "professional" looking (or something) than before. It did not look bad in my opinion, but a good number of folks strip that stuff off anyways...Thinking about going to the motocycle show here in Long Beach tomorrow so may have a chance to check out a bit more. '09s are definitely appearing and available now.

LA Yamaha in Marina Del Rey, California has a '09 A in the show room. I was in there today for some other stuff and checked it out. Nice enough, but the black wheels and black paint where the tank mates with the rest of the bike is not for me...I like the silver contrast on my '08 better :yahoo: The raised lettering is on the side fairings looks to be an attempt to make that more "professional" looking (or something) than before. It did not look bad in my opinion, but a good number of folks strip that stuff off anyways...Thinking about going to the motocycle show here in Long Beach tomorrow so may have a chance to check out a bit more. '09s are definitely appearing and available now.
I saw a whole room full of 09 As and AEs at the Long Beach show today. :dribble:

So when is somebody going to post some flippin photos?!?!

For crying out loud, if you don't show it here, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!! :p