Any members in Estes Park?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee B.

Reaction score
I'll be in Estes Park Saturday through Wednesday. Looking for a secure place to park my FJR for 4-5 days since the house we are renting is up a steep, graveled and rutted road.

Thanks.

Lee

I am sure there is someone nearby...check the members map and send a PM.

In case you don't connect with anyone...Go ahead...take it up the hill.

I hear the FJR is a great hill climber. :rolleyes:

Seems I remember doing something similar...

Checked the member map before the post and closest is Longmount or Loveland, can't recall for sure.

I'll pass on the hill climbing, thankyouverymuch.

Checked the member map before the post and closest is Longmount or Loveland, can't recall for sure.

I'm 45 miles away, wish I was closer. What are you going to do while you're here? I will be passing thru EP around 10 on my way up and over Trail Ridge road.

Jerry

I'm 45 miles away, wish I was closer. What are you going to do while you're here? I will be passing thru EP around 10 on my way up and over Trail Ridge road.

Jerry
The plan was to ride out from KC over two days with a buddy (has a H-D). Then meet up in EP on Saturday night with two others driving a Navigator from KC. Hike for Sunday through Wednesday in RMNP. Then get up Thursday and bikes head to Taos/SF, NM and Nav heads home.

But...the terrain of the rental property is not bike friendly. So, we are taking a car this trip. Last summer I did the same thing but the place we stayed had a great paved driveway so no problems.

Where are you headed over TRR?

Jerry
The plan was to ride out from KC over two days with a buddy (has a H-D). Then meet up in EP on Saturday night with two others driving a Navigator from KC. Hike for Sunday through Wednesday in RMNP. Then get up Thursday and bikes head to Taos/SF, NM and Nav heads home.

But...the terrain of the rental property is not bike friendly. So, we are taking a car this trip. Last summer I did the same thing but the place we stayed had a great paved driveway so no problems.

Sounds like a fun vacation.

I’m going to ride over Trail Ridge to Grand Lake. From there over Berthoud pass to I-70. Down I-70 to the Central City exit. Through CC to Blackhawk over to the Peak-Topeka hwy. Cut down hwy 7 to Lyons then home. Should be a good ride.

Be safe.

Jerry

Jerry

Sounds like a fun vacation.

I’m going to ride over Trail Ridge to Grand Lake. From there over Berthoud pass to I-70. Down I-70 to the Central City exit. Through CC to Blackhawk over to the Peak-Topeka hwy. Cut down hwy 7 to Lyons then home. Should be a good ride.

Be safe.

Jerry
Jerry,

did you get rained on? We were there a week ago today, through Wednesday and headed out Thursday morning. Rain, and lots more than normal, every day. The place we stayed was on 7, on the side of prospect mountain looking over the golf course in EP. Lots of rain one afternoon with sunshine, made for a spectacular double rainbow. I've never seen a rainbow so clear and able to see where both ends touched down. Amazing.

Your route sounds like fun. I rode all that last summer on the FJR. This trip was in the car, sad to say. We took a day off hiking and went to Mt. Evans. What a place! Actually, on our way down, in the cold rain and sleet/hail I was glad I was not the motorcycle rider that we saw heading up to the top. Lots of mt. goats up there to view. We had spectacular views of amazing clouds for all 360 degrees!

Hope you had a great ride. As you know you live in a fantastic part of the country.

Lee