• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Any New 2009 Holdovers Out There?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sno Cat

Reaction score
It's a long shot but if anyone knows of new 2009 leftover FJR's out there, I'd appreciate the dealer's name & location.

It's been 2 years since I sold my '05, it's time to get back in the saddle!

Thanks!

Dude, they are everywhere. Go hit Cycletrader.com and use their advanced search to look for 'new only' and '2009' and you will find a plethora of them out there. Some decent deals too. I would look for $11,000 - $12,000 for a brand new one before any fees or taxes.

Or you could save some more $$$$ and buy a used one in the $9,500 - $10,500 range.

Don't know about FJRs -- but I suspect 'SkooterG' is quite correct on this.

Different answer: I just recently visited a Kawasaki dealer (one I'd been planning on visiting for a while -- but hadn't) and all the motorcycles I looked at (sport, sport-touring, etc) on the show-room floor were '09s (at least I don't remember seeing newer).

There was an '09 C-14 (new).

And I remember thinking the prices seemed good, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a long shot but if anyone knows of new 2009 leftover FJR's out there, I'd appreciate the dealer's name & location.

It's been 2 years since I sold my '05, it's time to get back in the saddle!

Thanks!
i have a 2008 with 533 miles asking $9,500. spotless. flawless.

considered the finest, fairest, easiest to work with dealership in the USA

give them a call and do the common around here fly and ride...they are experts at sales and customer service...for fly & rides

D&H Cycle, 18115 US Hwy 31, Cullman, AL 35058, 256-739-1840, 888-553-3311

Y.E.S. Factory Warranty (Yamaha Extended Service Plan)

$389

YES coverage can be bought from one dealer and apply to any other dealer fairly easily.

Adventure Motorsports just snagged one from a dealer in Montana. Looked it over last weekend, not a scratch on it. They are asking $12,999, I didn't inquire about warranty, etc.

No affiliation, other than they're a good local dealer.

--G

It's a long shot but if anyone knows of new 2009 holdovers, the dealer's name & address will be much appreciated.

Sold my '05 2 years ago, it's time to get back in the saddle!

Thanks

Sorry, no help here. Just yesterday I visited the local Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha dealer to kick a few tires and see what looked interesting. I was very disappointed, of the 50 or so units on the floor, fully half were cruisers, the rest were ricky racer sport bikes and quads, no touring bikes, no sport touring bikes, no nakeds, no dual purpose, no....well you get the idea. Don't know the reason for lack of diversity, the national economy, the local economy, what's become popular or what this dealer percieves to be popular, the earthquake, the alignment of stars or whatever.

Must not have liked the answers the first time you asked the same question. :rolleyes:

Sorry, no help here. Just yesterday I visited the local Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha dealer to kick a few tires and see what looked interesting. I was very disappointed, of the 50 or so units on the floor, fully half were cruisers, the rest were ricky racer sport bikes and quads, no touring bikes, no sport touring bikes, no nakeds, no dual purpose, no....well you get the idea. Don't know the reason for lack of diversity, the national economy, the local economy, what's become popular or what this dealer percieves to be popular, the earthquake, the alignment of stars or whatever.
In the great middle part of the country Cruisers are King -- as for what dealers can sell, easily.

A Mid-West Honda dealer I knew (who'd been a dealer from early-on) never ordered an ST-1100 for all the time they were available -- he just knew his market... He had every cruiser Honda made, tho (plus all the ATVs/UTVs...).

Easy Sales is what a lot of what many dealers are about these days, unfortunately -- they've become more 'order-takers' than 'sales/service centers'. If you encounter a dealer/salesperson that actually has product knowledge and is willing to try to get you on the right bike -- one that's a good fit for you -- consider yourself lucky. :(

Iowa City Motor Sports, Iowa City, Iowa has a new 2009 on the floor.

Mac

I'm pretty sure Adventure Motorsports, Monroe, WA had one on the floor the last weekend of March. I bought my 2009 there last May for my birthday present.

Adventure Motorsports

17321 Tye Street Southeast

Monroe, WA 98272

(360) 805-5550

Don't see any new 09's in my area,however.

How about a slightly used 09 with under 7k,

stock except for throttlemeister,grip puppies,

Leo Vince carbon fiber exhaust with a powercommander v.

Make me and offer?