Any one in San Diego....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickysnickers

Reaction score
...have an aftermarket seat on their bike? I thinking of riding up to San Francisco for a wedding in June. The stock seat will kill me. I'd like to purchase either a Sargent or Rick Mayer. So, maybe if you have either one, I might be able to arrange a time, at your convience to sit on that saddle.

Thanks,

Rick

If you want a saddle in June you better ride up to Rocky's as quick as you can schedule a ride-in. He's in Ojai, I believe. Custom saddles aren't something that arrive quick.

Sport Bike Effects sells Sargeant World Sport Performance Saddles at the forum discount. You could probably turn it on Ebay if it isn't all that, without taking too much gas on the deal. Or, maybe it works out and you live happily ever after. I doubt you'll get into a custom saddle in the next couple of weeks, unless Rocky has an opening.

Oh, one other thing. I've found that putting as much pertinent info as possible into the post title usually gets the best results.

I spoke with the folks in Ojai (Rocky) about a month ago - and at that time they didn't have any ride-in's available till June. I'd figure that they were booked up by now - but check with 'em.

My wife took a 200+ mile ride today and suggested that we change the seat. I'll be calling them soon.

...have an aftermarket seat on their bike? I thinking of riding up to San Francisco for a wedding in June. The stock seat will kill me. I'd like to purchase either a Sargent or Rick Mayer. So, maybe if you have either one, I might be able to arrange a time, at your convience to sit on that saddle.
Thanks,

Rick
Rick, I'm in San Diego and I have the Sargent seat that you're welcome to check out. I'm the Chula Vista area of San Diego so send me a PM if still interested...

- Mike

IMG_0284.jpg