Any one use a Garmin C550 on their Feejer?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I recently bought a C550 for use in the car. I travel by company-cage quite a bit for work and the primary need was to get around in foreign locations for work. But I'm wondering why the same GPS wouldn't work for the FJR. I know it isn't waterproof, so it would have to be a fairweather finder, but the features seem pretty adaptable to a bike. The bluetoof phone pairing, mp3 player with SD expansion memory and audio/mike jacks seem like it would work pretty well on a sickle. Also, no hard drive to worry about vibration.

Anyone have any direct experience with this model on a bike?

TIA,

Sorry Fred not familiar with the C550 but I can't rave enough about the Zumo 550, the more I use it the better it gets. It work so well and the XM input and bluetooth phone input it is just incredible.

My humble advice is to beg borrow or steal your way to the zumo, you wont regret it!

What's not to love about a black lab?

Yes I had one and used it for a 1 week 3800 mile trip. It worked great w/ the Autocom, and I had tunes cranking most of the time. My only complaint was it not being waterproof and having to pull over and stow it when the rain came. This happened on quite a few occasions. I returned it, and got a Zumo. I Love My Zumo. In fact it is in the rental car right now as I am on business.

My cage has built in nav, and I prefer the Zumo to it, although I can't bring myself to use it in it.

Not that one, but I have a C330 mounted on the feej. Get some disposable shower caps.

Oh, yeah, DON'T use the suction cup mount. I was lucky and caught mine on the way off the bike. Hard mount.