Any problems with XM reception?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
...but anybody using XM on their bike is encouraged to respond.

And if so/not, where/how did you mount the antenna?

Yes, the hamster in my head is running overtime tonight. I saw some cool pictures of Utah today and figured it would be fun to run the 1088 next year. I'll need a GPS and auditorially-injected entertainment, so....

Last edited by a moderator:
...but anybody using XM on their bike is encouraged to respond.
And if so/not, where/how did you mount the antenna?

Yes, the hamster in my head is running overtime tonight. I saw some cool pictures of Utah today and figured it would be fun to run the 1088 next year. I'll need a GPS and auditorially-injected entertainment, so....
It's magnetic and I place it on the tank under the 2730. It works fine there.

I have a Roady 2, and use a Satellite Radio Holder from Cycle Gadgets, attached to a RAM ball on the clutch lever housing. The magnetic puck sits on a little shelf just above the radio. I get 2 or 3 bars all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you know what I'm using. :D

IMG_1521_1.jpg

I just wanted to make sure that reception was good before I pull the trigger and start saving for one (foregoing an MP3 player until then). I picked up an ECM shelf to clear the reservoirs for the antenna and maybe one of those cool LED maplights :rolleyes: I just hope the shelf and V-Strom guards work with the V-Stream screen. :D