Any vendor discount Sidi boots?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctfjr

Reaction score
I am looking for a pair of Sidi On Road Gore-Tex Boots. Every on line vendor advertises the same price ($325). Are these price fixed or does someone discount them?

I don't know about anyone who discounts them, but mine just arrived yesterday from "New Enough." VERY NICE! They are going to take a little time t break in, but the quality seams top notch.

I don't know about anyone who discounts them, but mine just arrived yesterday from "New Enough." VERY NICE! They are going to take a little time t break in, but the quality seams top notch.
Thanks Trigger - I have been doing a lot of searching / reading on the net about boots & really zero'ed in on these. My Bates boots I bought at Americade in 1994. . . Besides the fact that theya re getting on in years and aren't waterproof (despite my best efforts), they really don't offer a lot of protection.

Everything I've read about these seem positive. How did the sizing go for you? I wear a 10-1/2 & guess that crosses to a 45.

Thanks again

They are great boots. I wear them all year long and have never found them to hot or too cold in winter. They also provided very good protection when I had my little get off. I can't believe how the price went up since last year.

Yes, the price is a little crazy, but I believe you get what you pay for.

I normally wear a size 9.5 hiking boot, but I ordered the size 44 (10) since I have a wide foot, and I like my cycle boots large enough to wear thick socks.

First things first. I have not tried it, but I've been told that if you call the folks at https://www.parts411.com and ask them for their best price, that it will be better than the fair trade price that is advertised by all the other vendors. I cannot vouch for this vendor, nor can I vouch for the reliability of their willingness to discount. But it couldn't hurt to check them out.

I have a pair of the Vertigo Corsa Airs, and a pair of the Vertigo Megas (goretex rain version of the Vertigo).

I prefer the Corsa Airs for comfort. The extra adjustment across the instep gives me more comfort. Obviously if its raining the goretex version is preferred, although I do have boot covers with my rain gear if I get caught in unexpected rain. The Corsa Airs are without a doubt the most comfortable boots I've ever ridden in, and they did not require any break in. They were great right out of the box.

Regarding the sizing, I normally wear a 10.5 EE or EEE with Redwing, but the Sidi size that fits me is 46. This is different from the normal conversion. I know that the 46 is what fits because I tried a pair of 45s and they really cramped my toes. I am using 46 for both versions of the Vertigo.

If you contact this vendor and make an order, please share your experience with the rest of us.

First things first. I have not tried it, but I've been told that if you call the folks at https://www.parts411.com and ask them for their best price, that it will be better than the fair trade price that is advertised by all the other vendors.
El Toro thanks but

Unless I missed something it doesn't look like they carry Sidi

https://www.parts411.com/acbasp/stores/1/BOOTS-SHOES-C91.aspx

Also thanks for the heads up on the sizing. I also have a 10-1/2 inch, wide foot. I was going to order the 45 size but based on your experience will go for the 46.

Btw that brings up an interesting topic - returns / exchanges. Looking at several vendors sites there are differences in what you might have to pay for the privilege. It all weighs into the final buying decision.

Second pitch - reinforcing what gasportrider alluded to.... I've been told by two friends who went to physical stores to shop for their Sidi boots that since the boots are so pricey, they were able to negotiate at the store. One friend did this in MA, and the other in ME. I tried this angle here in TN, but was unable to find any stocking dealers who had the Vertigo Corsa Airs in my size, so there was nothing to negotiate about. At this time of year, I would think that any small shop with stock would be interested in reducing inventory.

Motonation is the distributor for Sidi boots & I've scored several pairs from their e-bay website which were discounted for repairs/minor flaws. I used motonation closeout as the search. 4 pairs here so I like their quality. Hope this helps ya some.

Try Washington Cycle Works. You'll need to call them to work out the discount.

El Toro you are right on and gasportrider thanks for the name. I just came back from riding there (350+ miles round trip). These are very nice people and it is a small store. I called them this morning and asked the magic question, "What is your best price on the Sidi On Road Gortex Boots". A half hour later I was on my way - I really didn't need the discount as an inducement to ride there :)

Per the owner's son's reccomendation I tried on the 45 size (I have a wide 10-1/2 shoe). The fit is perfect. It is a lot more reassuring trying something like this on in a brick & mortar store as opposed to just ordering a pair blind.

fyi this is a small store (https://www.washingtoncycleworks.com/sidi.html) but I wouldn't hesitate a second in doing business with them again.

Thanks to all - I can now retire my 14 year old Bates. They have seen over 300K miles & walked in 46 states.

I'm glad you got the boots at a good price... and I'm especially glad that you got to try them on before committing. My friend in MA who bought a pair of the Vertigo Corsas told me that the salesman had told him that the sizing was not uniform across all Sidi lines, and so it was important to try on the type you wanted. I forgot to pass this on. Sorry.

Meanwhile, if you ever need parts for Sidi boots, New Enough is one of the only vendors I know who stocks the parts.

Guys, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but how do you ride with lug soles? I'd have to adjust my shift lever so that I'd have to shift by moving my whole leg during my ride to work with regular soles. Aren't these like combat boots compared to a sport-riding boot?

I agree with 'Solo' -- a m/c riding boot (sport/sport-touring) should ideally be a glove for your foot with protection (a difficult combination, sometimes).

Also, IIRC, Aerostich Combat Touring and C/T Lite boots are made for them by SIDI (exclusive) -- and, although they offer a lugged sole (for dual-sport?), I think the smooth sole is (by far) the better seller.

Good shifting takes a little "feel" (AEs excepted....).

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but how do you ride with lug soles? I'd have to adjust my shift lever so that I'd have to shift by moving my whole leg during my ride to work with regular soles. Aren't these like combat boots compared to a sport-riding boot?
The Vertigo series isn't lugged, although its dimpled.

The On-Road series has lugs, but they're not too aggressive. I don't think they're as deep as those on the Red Wings.

Boots are always a compromise. You want some traction when you stick your foot down on sandy pavement, so you need some dimples or lugs. You want to be able to move freely to follow your shifting and braking motions when on the pegs. I think the Vertigos offer the best compromise, but if only one style suited everyone, there wouldn't be so many choices.

On my K1200Rsport, I've got the manufacturer's high performance peg set up, which includes knurled circular section pegs, carbon fiber and cnc machined and needle bearing shifter and brake linkages, etc. The combination of a knurled circular section peg with a lugged boot can almost feel like a trap, especially when you set things up for a very aggressive riding posture, so I'm not blowing off the concern for the boot sole. Its valid.

I have had these for only 2 days of riding and there is no question that it took some getting used to. The 'lug' soles are not what I would call lug, more like ribbed . Coming from the boots I had, that had little real protection for my legs or feet, I happily make the compromise. These On Road boots have acceptible protection but these aren't racing boots for sure. After 6 hours of riding with them I now miss very few shifts and have developed a feel for neutral.

I'm no expert on boots specifically made for road racing, but when it comes to boots designed for the dirt (motocross/supercross/desert/etc.) you're not going to find boots that allow your big toe to flex the boot and shift the transmission. Instead of trying to lift your entire leg to shift, concentrate on rolling your foot to the outside. A good way to get started is to point your left knee to the outside of the bike to exaggerate the motion. In time this gets easier and the boot breaks in a bit too.