Anybody done this???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wicked Webby

Right is Harder than Wrong.
Reaction score
Hey all,

Has any of you removed the lower reflectors off of your saddle bags?? I was wondering if they are just double taped on or what??

Thanks for the Info......

I had a vfr and the bags I got for it came from the UK. Which meant they didn't have the reflectors, and imho looked alot better.

Some of the US folks removed their reflectors. The bags had a hole in them, right where the middle of the reflector was, to attach the reflector. I think they just bondo'd the hole and put some touch up paint on them.

Regards,

Yep. Just a double stick tape application (wickedly sticky tape, but tape all the same). Just removed them a couple weeks ago.

Jim

Heat gun -used inside and with caution don't melt the paint, and a credit card, yer good to go. I used WD40 when i got an edge up, seemed to help speed things along plus aided in glue removal.

Don't spray the shit while the gun is on ;)

:jester:

I used a hair dryer and fishing line.

Heat it up, put gloved on, wrap fishing line around each hand, and basically floss through the glue. After that a little goo gone to remove any extra glue and it cleaned up just fine.

Yeah, took mine off, too.....only the left side, though.....along with some other stuff on the left side which I glued back together and put back on.

Keithaba,
That sounds like a good method.

Thanks. :)
Careful with the fishing line. If you use it to go through the glue, make sure not to let it go against your paint, make sure to pull more toward the reflector than toward the sidecase, or you'll be putting the reflector right back on :unsure:

Heat gun -used inside and with caution don't melt the paint, and a credit card, yer good to go. I used WD40 when i got an edge up, seemed to help speed things along plus aided in glue removal. Don't spray the shit while the gun is on ;)

:jester:
Hey Busta, you know you can spray the WD40 on while using the heat gun but only once :lol: .....just make sure a fire extinguisher & paramedic are standing by :eek: ....