Anybody tried Scorpion jackets?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilMills

Reaction score
I'm looking for anybody who's got a Scorpion jacket and can give some feedback on how it's held up to actual use.

I tried on the "HatTrick" model at a dealership and think it's pretty nice, but that was for all of 5 minutes in a climate-controlled building, and not out in the real world on a bike, etc.

Right now I've got a FieldSheer mesh jacket for the heat (which sucks for protection) and a 3/4 length FS textile jacket for everything else (which sucks for venting) and I'd really like to find one jacket to replace them both. Mixing and matching the liners on the Scorpion seems like it might get me there (at the expense of all the nice pockets on my 3/4...) and save me from watching my coat-rack collapse.

If they design jackets that work as well as the EXO-700 helmet I have, I'd be pretty happy. If they designed jackets that had more/brighter color choices without the nasty/funky tattoo print & big "Scorpion" script on it, I'd be even happier. That said, the "Phantom" color in an XL fit pretty nicely, with and without liners, even if it is way too dark for me to feel good about safety.

I, to, am wondering about his jacket. I tried one on last weekend at the sportbiketrackgear.com store here.

I need to replace my EMT-cut up J/R Phoenix 4.0. I had used the Phoenix as as a 3 season jacket; jacket with rain liner plus warm'n'safe electric liner, it was very versatile.

-wr

It's just too bad that they feel a need to write SCOR PION across the front of the jacket.

Unless you, like, wear designer jeans and stuff...

I purchased the 'hat trick' last October. The warmest I've road in was around 80 so I can't tell you how it does in hot weather, but I took a 20 mile ride in 28 degrees with a sweatshirt and tee shirt under it and was completely comfortable. I absolutely love the Jacket, so far it has held up very well but I have only used it for about 1000 miles. The wind and waterproof liner has a flap that covers the zipper which keeps air from getting by. I know that some jackets have this liner but don't cover the zipper and air gets through. The collar on the jacket is part of the inside liner so when you just want the mesh you don't have a hot collar around your neck. Again, I've seen some jackets where the collar is part of the outside mesh and I'm sure on a 90 degree day it would get pretty uncomfortable. The only complaint I have about the jacket is on the front and back of the collar there is a soft, padded edge and the sides don't have it. When I have the jacket closed up for colder weather, the collar irritates my neck on a long ride. Last ride I wore a shirt with a collar and just flipped it up to keep the collar from rubbing my neck. Worked great.

It's just too bad that they feel a need to write SCOR PION across the front of the jacket.
Unless you, like, wear designer jeans and stuff...
Yeah, they have "gaudy" down to an art, there. There is ONE color that doesn't have all that (Black/Phantom) which is coincidentally what the dealer here's got (and (also coincidentally, no doubt) what NewEnough is furthest back-ordered on).

review goodness
Cool. 1000 miles without self-destructing is a good start. I guess I'll see how much tax refund I have left after getting some new flooring on order for my house.