Anybody try these out yet FZ1 Mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramrezz425

Reaction score
Left Right Motorcycle Mirror for Yamaha FZ1 01-05 Black

Enlarge

Item condition: New
140.jpg

Quantity:

More than 10 available

Price: US $16.99 Buy It NowBuy It Now

Add to Watch list

Returns:

30 day exchange | Read details

Shipping: $9.99 Economy Shipping from outside US See more services | See all shipping details

Estimated delivery within 13-22 business days.

eBay will cover your purchase price plus original shipping.

Learn more about eBay Buyer Protection - opens in a new window or tab

If they are crap then where is the best FZ1 mirrors from?

Last edited by a moderator:
They are exactly vibratory versions of what you describe....and the best FZ1 mirrors are made by this little company called Yamaha.

They are exactly vibratory versions of what you describe....and the best FZ1 mirrors are made by this little company called Yamaha.
Thanks for the snappy tip!, I am aware of YAMAHA!, What vendor would be the best to buy from? thanks dr

Look at MM2's link. This has been discussed at length.

To help paraphrase what's been said; the cheap knock off type do NOT fold back, well they do fold back, but they break when they do fold.

Go long, go big, buy OEM Yammer FZ1 mirrors. I got mine at either Bikebandit.com or MRcycles for about $98 shipped to me. They maybe cheaper now at other places (Parker Yamaha in AZ is also a good place). Well worth the $$.

Good luck.

To help paraphrase what's been said; the cheap knock off type do NOT fold back, well they do fold back, but they break when they do fold.

Go long, go big, buy OEM Yammer FZ1 mirrors. I got mine at either Bikebandit.com or MRcycles for about $98 shipped to me. They maybe cheaper now at other places (Parker Yamaha in AZ is also a good place). Well worth the $$.

Good luck.
Now this is solid info! Thanks so much, I should have learned when my wife sheared off her mirror by mowing down a trash can in her Honda Accord, I bought a "OEM STYLE" from the overseas vendor, Now when I go down the freeway that mirror cant be used its vibrating so much.dr

What vendor would be the best to buy from? thanks dr
In the FAQ of parts and farkles we built just for you last night while you were sleeping. Whew....just in time....you almost asked before we got it done.. ;)
:rofl:

Look at MM2's link. This has been discussed at length.To help paraphrase what's been said; the cheap knock off type do NOT fold back, well they do fold back, but they break when they do fold.
:rofl:

I bought OEM from part shark. They work excellent. I really like the folding option for the garage. Every one should have them on, no more moving the head and torso for lane changes.

This forum has a wealth of knowledge for those that find it, is what Ignacio might have been hinting at. YMMV

Ramrez425 just remember that they make the bike about 6 or 8 inches wider. It makes lane splitting more interesting. I have OEM FZ1 mirrors on my bike and I live in the sticks. If I move to the big city I might put the stock mirrors back on with some of those convex mirrors, I don't like to wait in traffic. I was riding in Sacramento yesterday and almost lost one when I went by a small bus. I got mine from Parts Shark for just under $100 bucks delivered.

Ramrez425 just remember that they make the bike about 6 or 8 inches wider. It makes lane splitting more interesting. I have OEM FZ1 mirrors on my bike and I live in the sticks. If I move to the big city I might put the stock mirrors back on with some of those convex mirrors, I don't like to wait in traffic. I was riding in Sacramento yesterday and almost lost one when I went by a small bus. I got mine from Parts Shark for just under $100 bucks delivered.
I split lanes but keep a wide swath since I have a phobia about getting the side cases hit. thanks for the heads up. dr

Good luck.
Now this is solid info! Thanks so much, I should have learned when my wife sheared off her mirror by mowing down a trash can in her Honda Accord, I bought a "OEM STYLE" from the overseas vendor, Now when I go down the freeway that mirror cant be used its vibrating so much.dr
Sorry to be so late with my feedback here... I tried out cheapo mirrors like what you were contemplating; mine where from a US ebay vendor for about $30 incl. shipping, but likely where sourced from the same manufacturer as your link. I simply wanted to see the difference in geometry and looks the FZ1 mirrors would make first before I sprang for the more significant amount for the real Yamaha ones, and figured the cheapos would be fine for that. Like others warned about, the folding portion seems weak, I am sure if you actually fold them only once you'll see vibration in the mirrors and would have to swap them out.

Having said that though, I still have the cheapos on the bike after a year of riding, and they do work quite well.

Clear glass, good plastic, nice powder-coated stems, and no vibrations so far.

I just stayed patient and waited for a used OEM set to show up on eBay. Or you could try one of the places that searches salvage yard databases like https://www.mrcycleparts.com/

(Not an endorsement, by the way. I've never used these guys, but I keep it bookmarked just in case.)

FWIW, I briefly had a set of cheap-o Flebay specials on my FJR.

Biggest pieces of crap I've ever wasted money on.

Specifically, the way I had the FJR snuggled up to the boat in order for it to fit in the garage, I had to fold the mirror in. Damn mirror promptly popped off. :blink:

So I said to myself, "SELF! Even with your laughably pathetic excuse for mechanical aptitude, you CAN fix this!" So I popped the mirror off and looked under the boot and there's a screw in there at the pivot point. I got it as tight as I could and reattached the mirror.

Didn't make any difference.

So now they're in a box in the garage and I have the stock mirrors back on there.

I have owned two Fz1s the mirrors cause a lot of turbulence Several FZ riders switch to bar end mirrors. I also did I have seen several sets for sale on the FZ1 forum.I plan on buying a new Fz1 in the spring they are great bikes.

Actually, the "cheapo" mirrors will work.

Once they do become "loose" or "snap off" yoy wimply pull the rubber boot up and replace the chaep rived with a bolt and nylock nut. That way you can adjust the tension and the assembly will remain tight yet adjustable.

That's what Toecutter did and I copied him. My '04 was totalled and I ordered OEM FZ-1 mirrors for the replacement '05 (in '04).

As for lane sharing, I have no problem in Sacramento commute traffic. OF course, I ride with the panniers on so the added caution caused by the wider mirrors is welcome.

View to the rear (rather than my elbows): Priceless!