Anyone Drive in to Corbin

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

temp357

Reaction score
the 2006 generic seat they built isn't so good for tall folks. I was thinking about riding out there and see if I can get them to build a seat more similar to what they put together for the bmw r1200rt in terms of seat height, width, and length.

How long did it take? How much customization are they willing to do? Is it realistic to ask them to build a seat that has specs more in line with last years dual canyon seat for the 2006?

Anyone?

Can't be that hard....just drive out there and ask, dude.

next.....

Be careful with their ride in. I made an appointment to get a seat for my Wing a few years back. It's a days ride up, a day there, a days ride back, so I'm knocked outta bidness for those three days. My appointment is for 9 AM and my hotel is about 30 miles distant, so I head out at 8. I get there and the dude at the counter goes, "Oh, we just left you a message on your cell. Since the Hollister rally is this weekend and the guys will be working on the Forth, we gave them today off. If you come back next month, we'll give you a 10% discount for your troubles."

"Yeah? Trouble this, **** head."

Not the first time I've heard of them doing this, either. Your better off with Mayer, Mayer or Russell, IMO.

2247302-plus1.gif

on Bill "Rocky" Mayer in Ojai, they make a great seat.

I've done 1200 miles in the last 4 days without a complaint.

Here is my seat

Last edited by a moderator:
the 2006 generic seat they built isn't so good for tall folks. I was thinking about riding out there and see if I can get them to build a seat more similar to what they put together for the bmw r1200rt in terms of seat height, width, and length.
How long did it take? How much customization are they willing to do? Is it realistic to ask them to build a seat that has specs more in line with last years dual canyon seat for the 2006?

Anyone?
I rode down to Corbin three weeks ago (on a Saturday) and had the front, rear, and backrest made in carbon fiber leather. They will customize, shape the seat as much as you want and let you ride around on it before covering it. You can also choose thread color and design for the Corbin embroidered emblem. I also had the stitching on the seat done (as seen on the Corbin site for the heated seat) for no extra charge. They are very accommodating and will do pretty much anything you want to the seat. This is my fourth Corbin and the second time I have ridden down to have it done. They have a nice cafe with windows looking into the work area. They provide complimentary breakfast (anything on the menu) for two. Overall, I am very pleased with the seats and very impressed with the service and demeanor of all the employees. They made custom rain covers for the seats and backrest and shipped them to my house near Sacramento, I had them by the following Tuesday. They shipped my stock seats back to me at no charge and I received them on Thursday.

You are free to walk around the factory. I speak spanish and talked to the seamstresses cutting the patterns and stitching the covers. Also had nice conversations with the guys shaping the seats. The earlier you get there the better. I arrived at 7:30am and there were 3 or 4 bikes ahead of me. By 8am there were a dozen bikes there for seats. I was out by 10:30am and off riding! What a huge difference. I stock seats were miserable for me.

Overall, it was a great experience.....nice ride, good food, friendly accommodationg service and a great product. They are expensive yes, but after the experience, I felt better parting with that much money. I intend to purchase the smuggler down the road. I had the combo seat smuggler on my CBR1100XX and loved it. Hope this helps.......one person's opinion anyway.

next.....
Haha! :clapping:

Overall, it was a great experience.....nice ride, good food, friendly accommodationg service and a great product. They are expensive yes, but after the experience, I felt better parting with that much money. I intend to purchase the smuggler down the road. I had the combo seat smuggler on my CBR1100XX and loved it. Hope this helps.......one person's opinion anyway.
thx! is your bike a 2006?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm waiting on my fourth Corbin seat to get to me... I only wished I lived in California so I could ride in.

Wait, did I just say I wished I lived in California? Someone please shoot me for that last thought!

:fool:

next.....
Haha! :clapping:

thx! is your bike a 2006?
My bike is the 2006. I had been calling Corbin regularly waiting for the seatpans to go into production.

Im schedule for ride in 7/13 of next week like the other guy said they

could do prety much what you want. :) im having front rear and back rest made

without the heat. :)