Anyone Ever Heard Of Side Bike Zeus?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsari

Reaction score
I ran into one such behemoth today, on a resting area of a motorway north of Madrid. It looks very futuristic, almost like something out of a sci-fi movie and it is *massive* -- it can carry up to four passengers, two on the bike and two more on the sidecar, it makes a Goldwing look toyish in comparison. The owner, a french bloke, was on his maiden voyage, with the wife, 6-year-old son and plenty of luggage. I just wish I had a camera to snap a few shots, I'm not sure I'll ever run into something like that again.

The weird part is, it isn't really a bike + sidecar, at least not in the traditional sense -- it's basically a car chassis (tubular) with offset wheels (the right front is positioned basically a whole wheel lenght behind the left, and the right rear is positioned a bit before the left), powered by a 2 liter petrol engine off a Peugeot 206. The engine is located on the back of the sidecar and there's a boot where the engine should be, on the bike. Really strange.

So, naturally, I googled around a bit when I got home, here's said beast. It's priced at EUR 36,000, or USD 43,000 :bigeyes: :blink:

Is this it?

zeus.jpg

Is this it?
zeus.jpg
Yes, although that's the plain model Zeus, the one I saw was the Monte-Carlo. Mechanically they're the same, I suppose, the only difference is that the Monte-Carlo comes stock with lots of stuff: Pioneer radio with DVD, Sony 3-way speakers, Garmin Quest navigation, Autocom, iPod 20, etc. Check the link on my first post, lots of pictures.