Anyone Experienced With Cycloak Gear?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing some... mostly because of its Gore-Tex nature. I do quite a bit of touring & think that the jacket I'm looking at (GT-Pro) will suit me well.

The only thing that I don't like is it doesn't have the best armor in the important spots.

I am wondering if I can swap out my present jacket's armor & use it in the Cycloak. I presently own a Belstaff Merlin jacket... which has served me extremely well & has the good stuff for armor. I've had it for almost 5 years & it's time to update.

I am assuming that some of you peeps may tell me about the wonderful qualities of Aerostitch & other gear that I cannot afford. I'd love to have this stuff one day but for now I plan on staying within my spending limits.

Any experience or comments?

Heidi

luvtoride,

Instead of the soft stuff that comes with our mesh jackets and pants, we use the Shift off road type hard knee and elbow armor. It's inexpensive, easy to use and not warm or uncomfortable. I think it's a big improvement over the soft armor.

In the winter, we use the same Shift armor with our heavy leathers.

dobias