Anyone Get Their Wibers Yet???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gleno

Reaction score
:D :D :D :D

Clownin' of course. Mine have been here, sittin' in the box, whilst I handled life issues for far tooo looong. Finally got the install done last weekend. No thanx to you slacker bastids that couldn't see your way to Vegas for GREAT BBQ and FJR lunacy. Hey, that's okay. It's done, and now handles like my Gixx (+a coupla extra pounds).

Here's a few snappies of parts, install, and the test ride that ensued....

fjr_rear_916.jpg

wilbers_springs_129.jpg

fjr_parts_891.jpg

Installed....(like you've never seen this crap before)

sooperbrace_201.jpg

preload1_118.jpg

wilbers1_167.jpg

I left the SOFT-HARD sticker :D

wilbers_155.jpg

Fork oil STINKS....

forkies_209.jpg

Test ride....'bout 100ish miles to break in new Avons, get the feel for a completely diff pogo package. Gotta say....this thing honestly handles like my Gixx now, with a coupla hun extra lbs. It amounts to just a tad more countersteering, but, the peg touchdown at 120mph is really the same. Diggin it. Ima roll 250 miles (one weeks commute) before I diddle with any of the (almost perfect) base settings. At which time.....I can already tell, will be just minor tweeks. Thanx to WC, FJR forum and Wilbers for a properly tuned FJR.

am_run_181.jpg

am_run_2_203.jpg

am_run_3_114.jpg

am_run_1_194.jpg

am_run4_293.jpg

am_run_5_191.jpg

Oh thats right.....did I mention you missed BBQ?? Here's the tri-tip on the smoker. It was (as always) phenom..... Praise Jeebus. The work AND the grillin' was on lock. Tecates and Patron were flowin later. :punk: :punk:

tri_tip_109.jpg

triitip_160.jpg

Honestly.....I've missed this board. Good to be here.

Oh thats right.....did I mention you missed BBQ?? Here's the tri-tip on the smoker. It was (as always) phenom..... Praise Jeebus. The work AND the grillin' was on lock. Tecates and Patron were flowin later. :punk: :punk:
tri_tip_109.jpg

triitip_160.jpg

Honestly.....I've missed this board. Good to be here.
Glen,

The bike looks great. Had Wilbers and Avons on my 05....they were awesome! And your steaks and your scenery look terrific. Gonna have to take a ride up there sometime.

Ron