anyone have a VStream for their FJR? I just got mine...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockyMtnWay

Reaction score
....Jesus this thing's big!

I was wondering if anyone else had photos of their bike with it on - from the front and sizeways (Gen 1).

It doesn't appear to be indented or have as much of a whoop in the plastic on the sides as it does in the photo. It's more flat, just cut in a bit on the sides, no real curvature to it, which makes it look a bit different than in the sales photo. (?) This was kind of why I bought it - since I figured with that curve it would throw the air up and to the sizes more. OH well, as long as it works. I'll try it after work tonight.

Anyway, just curious to see the shield on someone else's bike. I do have that problem some have had - about it hitting my mirrors - but just on one side it comes to rest on them in the fully down position. The other (right hand side) it doesn't. Telling me something is cockeyed (I have Skyway's spacers).

Also the bottom right hand screw hole was slightly off (the rest lined up OK). I had to really push and grind that plastic screw threw the (3/4 available) opening. Weird.

Thanks

Crap, I don't have my pictures anymore. But, you get accustomed to the screen really fast. Just go and try it. It is the shit!

i purchased one a few months ago. it fits my '05 perfect, no spacers, (yet). i have the FZ1 mirror upgrade on mine so no issues with mirrors.

it is a big shield and moves a great deal more air than the stock shield. i really like it.

i am running the stock shield now due to the freakin heat here in pensacola. for me the VStream is a fall/winter shield.

i don't have any pics of the VStream installed at this time.

cadman

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ran from the coffee shop, hit the freeway and blasted down the freeway @ 85 (the whole 2 miles to work). It is much better than my stock or tall Yami shields from what I can tell. It will be a good addition to my tour in a couple of weeks.

I am just dumbfounded though by the photos at the national cycle web site - they either did a very good trick of the light, or I could swear the shield, as advertised, should have a kink in the thing half way up - while mine is completely "flat" (just the cutouts at the edge).

Last time I saw a trick of the light like this I was in college putting small peices of paper on my tongue.

Thanks

I do have that problem some have had - about it hitting my mirrors - but just on one side it comes to rest on them in the fully down position. The other (right hand side) it doesn't. Telling me something is cockeyed (I have Skyway's spacers).
Ahhhhhhhh...........you got a set of skyway spacers made on friday, eh? Blame the beer.

Here ya go, Effjay's bike:

Seatedview.jpg

RHview.jpg

Barndoorup.jpg

Yeah, their picture does look that way. Must be an optical illusion or early prototype or something.

I'm only in my mid 30's, so I'm not sure I ever qualified as a hippie. A high tech yuppie hippie maybe - yippie? :) Since I missed the '60's, I set out to have my own version of it. It was a great success and a wonderful time.

Smoke? That stuff just makes me paranoid - I don't touch that sh*t man. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, mine fits perfectly on my '06. That's alarming that it hits one of your mirrors. Something's not right with that.

I didn't think it look different from Nat'l Cycle's pics...maybe I didn't look closely enough.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with it. I put it on towo days before I headed to WFO and it worked like a champ. Made my SS1K much, much easier.