Anyone have SW-Motech Tankbag?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tailwalk

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has one of these tankbags that attaches via a metal attachment around the gas tank cap. Looks like a good system where the bag doesn't rest on the metal tank itself. I'm curious if anyone likes them for their FJR?

I'm specifically interested in the "Engage" 7.5 liter quick-lock tankbag and whether it fits the FJR well (found on TwistedThrottle.com)

Also, may consider the 15 liter "Engage-sport" model...may be a little bigger than I like and I'm not sure it's shape would fit the FJR well?

Thanks

David

I use the Engage on my FJR and ZX-14. I also have the little mini bag. I have mounts on both my bikes.

Be careful where you mount the locking plate on the Engage. If it's too far forward, it tends to "honk" the horn when you turn the steering to left lock.

David -- I have the Engage XL. If you want to check it out let me know and we can meet for coffee somewhere close.

--G

I use the Engage on my FJR and ZX-14. I also have the little mini bag. I have mounts on both my bikes.
Be careful where you mount the locking plate on the Engage. If it's too far forward, it tends to "honk" the horn when you turn the steering to left lock.
Hi Stephen,

Just to confirm, do you have the regular "Engage" or the "Engage-Sport", "Engage-xl" ?

How do you like the bag? Pros and Cons?

Thanks

David

Yes, I have a quick-lock "City", it fits well & I love the mount system! It's not very big, but I have yet to need to "expand" it. The side pockekts are only good for small/thin items however. I figure the quick-lock "GS" would be a fit too, same shape just a bit bigger. Tried an "Engage Sport" first, but it didn't sit well on the FeeJeR tank, too bad 'cause I liked it otherwise. Sent it back, Twisted Throttle was very good about the return/exchange.

Anyone have picts of the sw-motech bags on their FJR?
Thanks

David
Hope this helps...if you want additional pictures,PM me and I'll get some more to you. Many options in tank bags...this one has worked great for me.

Picture074.jpg

"Just to confirm, do you have the regular "Engage" or the "Engage-Sport", "Engage-xl" ?

David, I have both the Engage and Engage XL. Use both on the FJR and the Engage on the Duc.

If it ever stops raining and you and george [escapefjrtist] meet for coffee I'll bring the engage bag.

I suggest NOT choosing the Engage sport for the FJR.

As you can see in this picture, it looks like sh$$#@ on the FJR. The engage en XL fit great...

DSC02794.jpg

:D

Sorry, but all tank bags look like complete and utter shit. :glare:

Only people interested in function over form need apply.

Did I mention that I always ride with a tank bag? :unsure:

Yeah, mine looks especially shitty...

(but it's functional)

;)

Hi Stephen,

Just to confirm, do you have the regular "Engage" or the "Engage-Sport", "Engage-xl" ?

How do you like the bag? Pros and Cons?

Thanks

David
David, I have the same one as Puppychow. I like the looks of it, too. It's big enough for all the regular goodies that you might want to have quick access to (including a camera & 9mm pistola) . It does not have a map case, however.

Yes, I have a quick-lock "City", it fits well & I love the mount system! It's not very big, but I have yet to need to "expand" it. The side pockekts are only good for small/thin items however. I figure the quick-lock "GS" would be a fit too, same shape just a bit bigger. Tried an "Engage Sport" first, but it didn't sit well on the FeeJeR tank, too bad 'cause I liked it otherwise. Sent it back, Twisted Throttle was very good about the return/exchange.
Thanks for your insights mOOseGoose.....I'll check out the "city" and "gs"

Anyone have picts of the sw-motech bags on their FJR?
Thanks

David
Hope this helps...if you want additional pictures,PM me and I'll get some more to you. Many options in tank bags...this one has worked great for me.

Picture074.jpg
Thanks Hawker....that bag looks real nice!!!

what size givi case is that? did you have it custom painted?

"Just to confirm, do you have the regular "Engage" or the "Engage-Sport", "Engage-xl" ?
David, I have both the Engage and Engage XL. Use both on the FJR and the Engage on the Duc.

If it ever stops raining and you and george [escapefjrtist] meet for coffee I'll bring the engage bag.
Thanks Niehart,

I look forward to meeting you and your feejer :lol:

I'm leaning towards the "engage" vs. the "engage xl" what do you think the pro and cons are between the two?