Anyone have the Meta357TV2 Alarm fitted??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogMcQ

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone in the UK have this alarm fitted? The advert appears to suggest that it comes with "Ignition Key Conversion" but mine didn't! I have to carry around the seperate alarm fob. Before I go back to the dealer guns ablaze, I'd like to find out if anyone else had got one. It also mentions an accessory-protection feature which I'm not aware of.

Click META 357TV2

meta357tv2.jpg

Tom

I have the same unit fitted to my 05 ( a Yamaha optional extra). I was aware of the ignition key conversion but like yours mine came with a seperate remote. I suppose its possible that the Yamaha supplied version is different from the original from Metasystems but its worth politely asking your dealer about it.

Dave

I have the same unit fitted to my 05 ( a Yamaha optional extra). I was aware of the ignition key conversion but like yours mine came with a seperate remote. I suppose its possible that the Yamaha supplied version is different from the original from Metasystems but its worth politely asking your dealer about it.
Dave
I have the Meta 357TB2 alarm fitted to an 04 FJR, it was fitted by my dealer and I got the ignition key conversion! :D

Neil in East Anglia

(The Dealer was in Cheshire)

On my new AS they fitted a Meta Def.ComT, which apparently is a 357 which uses the existing Yamaha immobiliser, and is therefore a little cheaper. It brings the security up to Thatcham Category 1.

Regards

Chris