Anyone heard of Xelement armored jackets?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giant22000

Reaction score
I was looking at armored jackets and read good things about tourmaster and cortech here at fjrforums. Then I got on leatherup.com and found this. Looks like quality stuff that has great reviews on their website. I'm just wondering if anyone on the forum has heard of and/or have any experience with Xelement armored jacket products as I could not find anything here about them? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to gear, mostly you get what you pay for...purchase the best you can afford...it's worth it fa sur... :clapping:

I'd highly advise sticking with name brands like Motosport and Cycleport and Aerostich which are excellent

Then there's us middle class $$$ gear like cortech, tourmaster, fieldsheer, first gear, olympic, joe rocket

when it comes to this line of stuff, I won't purchase any brand not sold by www.newenough.com who know reptuable gear and sell it at good prices with supurb customer service and knowledge. When I have a question, I call them for their opinion.

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

Thanks for the replies. I'm currently looking at tourmaster. Ideally i'd like something obviously armored, weather resistant, removable liners (For when it gets to summertime riding. 100F here in beaumont, tx) and have reflectors on them for added visibility of myself to others. . .

When it comes to gear, mostly you get what you pay for...purchase the best you can afford...it's worth it fa sur... :clapping:
I'd highly advise sticking with name brands like Motosport and Cycleport and Aerostich which are excellent

Then there's us middle class $$$ gear like cortech, tourmaster, fieldsheer, first gear, olympic, joe rocket

when it comes to this line of stuff, I won't purchase any brand not sold by www.newenough.com who know reptuable gear and sell it at good prices with supurb customer service and knowledge. When I have a question, I call them for their opinion.
+1 :good: :yes:

I have had both xelement jackets and boots from leatherup.com.

I wor the boots out and eventually sold the jacket as I have a motoport kevlar suit.

Fortunately I never crash tested the stuff. but for the price you pay, it is a great value if you are on a budget.IMO. If you can afford the top $$ stuff get it. I have been selling off or giving away all my old stuff since I now have the last item I need. Over the long run, I spent more on the lower $$ stuff as i continued to upgrade my wadrobe than if I had just bit the bullett and bought top o the line in the first place.

Get the best you can affford at this time

I have had both xelement jackets and boots from leatherup.com.
I wor the boots out and eventually sold the jacket as I have a motoport kevlar suit.

Fortunately I never crash tested the stuff. but for the price you pay, it is a great value if you are on a budget.IMO. If you can afford the top $$ stuff get it. I have been selling off or giving away all my old stuff since I now have the last item I need. Over the long run, I spent more on the lower $$ stuff as i continued to upgrade my wadrobe than if I had just bit the bullett and bought top o the line in the first place.

Get the best you can affford at this time

$79???????? are u kidding me?????????????? Pass brother!!

I bought cheap leather boots from xelement. I crash tested them and they worked perfectly. I would buy them again.

I also bought $89 leather pants from them during my cruiser days. Fantastic pants - I still wear them to disco. :dance:

Seriously, good stuff for cheap. But, it's more cruiser oriented.

$79???????? are u kidding me?????????????? Pass brother!!
Just cause you spend a lot or little does not mean one thing in neccessarily better than another. I paid $80 for my wifes cortec and $69 for my scopion helmet, that I will wear and trust more than a $600 shoei.

But, I love to sell to people with your mentality. that way I charge more and make more money over the guy with the low bid :yahoo:

P.S. I have crash tested that cheap scorpion helmet at 70,90 and 125 at the track, and keep buying the same one cause I know it works

Thank you for everybody's responses! Being that I'm in a pinch and buying this for an upcoming trip (within a few weeks), and don't have the time to research some of the more expensive jackets, I may go with the Xelement, since it fits what I'm looking far. Although, the Tourmaster Jett Series 2 also looks like a good jacket...

Thank you for everybody's responses! Being that I'm in a pinch and buying this for an upcoming trip (within a few weeks), and don't have the time to research some of the more expensive jackets, I may go with the Xelement, since it fits what I'm looking far. Although, the Tourmaster Jett Series 2 also looks like a good jacket...
I can't afford top-shelf gear at this point either. Like most I've been upgrading as i can. I love my Olympia AST for 3 season comfort. 18,ooo miles and with a washing and waterproofing nothing is wearing out on the jacket. Too warm a jacket for Texas, and you can only buy it at BMW dealerships, but at $400 it has been very good and top quality armor protection.

For hot summer I most recently bought a FirstGear mesh jacket. Very comfortable. CE protection at elbows and shoulders with a pad for the spine. Comfortable on my big frame. My complaint is the mesh is starting to fray at the edges near seams by the front zipper. I washed it only once carefully, so I am not sure why -- but it has only been used less than two summers. YMMV.