Anyone install a sound system on an 06 yet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splatterdaddy

Reaction score
I opted for a new 06A over a used 05. Will be getting bike by July 29. The ad for the used one was tempting because of the Modifications. One of them being that it had a 50watt amp and speakers for Ipod or XM.......I was wondering if speakers could be installed on an FJR. If possible what size? Are there pictures anywhere on this forum? I'm new so apologies if this is an old topic. Would appreciate any replies.........

I opted for a new 06A over a used 05. Will be getting bike by July 29. The ad for the used one was tempting because of the Modifications. One of them being that it had a 50watt amp and speakers for Ipod or XM.......I was wondering if speakers could be installed on an FJR. If possible what size? Are there pictures anywhere on this forum? I'm new so apologies if this is an old topic. Would appreciate any replies.........

Ditto Splatterdaddy....I passed on an 04 for a brand new pretty blue motorbike. Rode it home yesterday. Would love to wire it for sound. Heading to Reno to WFO on Wednesday. Will ask around down there what others might suggest.

Ditto Splatterdaddy....I passed on an 04 for a brand new pretty blue motorbike. Rode it home yesterday. Would love to wire it for sound. Heading to Reno to WFO on Wednesday. Will ask around down there what others might suggest.
Dudes, An XM radio with ear phones is all it takes to enjoy the tunes.

Dudes, An XM radio with ear phones is all it takes to enjoy the tunes.

:blink: Safetywise earphones are not the best choice. I have seen (not heard) that helmet "speakers" are available. How do they sound? The idea of an onboard speaker system is something I can do to make it more enjoyable when my wife's along for the ride.

Yes, I outfitted my 06 AE (or the tang bag) with J&B's Integratr IV with ARAI Profile helmets from J&B with the speakers and mic built right in too.........Got the optional cords with volume adjusters on them......I luv em.....the Integratr is designed to go on your belt, but it fits in perfectly in the front pocket of the ICON URBAN tank bag... I hook my IPOD and my phone to the Integratr and put them under the plastic map cover and all is well as I can change music ect via touch thru the plastic clear cover and raise or lower the volume via the cord coming from my helmet to the bag.......

FYI, I put a Passport 8500 on the bike (Velcroed it to the top of fairing that covers the battery) and put a HARDS system which had as LED light (wireless) in the front of my helmet to alert me for radar.....

Did 130 mph coming back from the lake early this morn, while listen to Al Jareau.......it was to Kwel....except for the phone call I got from my wife, yea, the Integratr muted the music and I was able to talk with her while I was nailing a hairpin turn going I don't know how fast....I was too busy making excuses as to when I'd be home... Told her in about an hour, what I didn't tell her I was 100 miles away in the middle of nowhere...Yea, I made it home in 60 minutes...

Love the system, love the ride, love the bike...

One of them being that it had a 50watt amp and speakers for Ipod or XM.....

Your not one of those Idiots who insist on sharing their music with everyone in the neighbourhood are You???

Get an intercomm system, and play whatever you and your wife like, and the rest of us can enjoy peace and quiet.

Your not one of those Idiots who insist on sharing their music with everyone in the neighbourhood are You???

Get an intercomm system, and play whatever you and your wife like, and the rest of us can enjoy peace and quiet.
Oh well, nice knowin' ya'll I don't really have time for stupid forums where people make rash judgements and call fellow riders of the same bike IDIOTS! If I wanted to annoy people I'd get a Harley. :angry:

Many in here don't have a sense of humor (think Howard Stern is the devil), I've I had to guess, most are probably republicans............but in reality your post borders on rediculous as far an an FJR with an amp and speakers.......Hell, I've got the quietest cap there is,,,Arai Profile and there's still a lot of noise in that sealed up fishbowl.....You'd have to be pulling Led Zeppelin's Apps behind you if you wanted to hear something coming out of an external speaker located on the bike....

Now, do what everyone says and either get an Arai Helmet from J&B electronics with built in speakers, or if you don't have the money....get a good set of earplugs to plug into whatever.....

Oh well, nice knowin' ya'll I don't really have time for stupid forums where people make rash judgements and call fellow riders of the same bike IDIOTS! If I wanted to annoy people I'd get a Harley. :angry:
Bro... you need thicker skin around here if all it take is being callled an idiot to make you take your ball away and go home. :p

Stick around and see the fun we have pokin people in the eye with sharp stick ! Just gotta poke back ! B)

BTW 5 good folk responded to your question and told you the correct way to hook up sound systems. Crankin up " Born to be Wild " through your 50w amp.... it's so old school !

NO ONE was calling you an Idiot. Merely asking a question, guess we got the answer...

Do a little reading on the board, there are several threads on Comm systems running ipods, Xm's , disc players etc.

Did a double date on bikes saturday night. My friend has a BMW k1150 w/a cheesy stereo and speakers. His wife was really enjoying the music and I'm sure he got laid that night. Maybe some of you can understand the reason my question arose. New Gold wings come with stereos and airbags. Guess this forum has a few of the latter. (Humor) I wasn't totally serious about rockin' down the road so much as getting some ideas as to what's possible. Thanks for the Ideas....Actually I'm pretty content just to be riding. if a FJR will put me a few degrees higher on the scale of stoke. So be it.

Did a double date on bikes saturday night. My friend has a BMW k1150 w/a cheesy stereo and speakers. His wife was really enjoying the music and I'm sure he got laid that night. Maybe some of you can understand the reason my question arose. New Gold wings come with stereos and airbags. Guess this forum has a few of the latter. (Humor) I wasn't totally serious about rockin' down the road so much as getting some ideas as to what's possible. Thanks for the Ideas....Actually I'm pretty content just to be riding. if a FJR will put me a few degrees higher on the scale of stoke. So be it.
You get your date on the back of an FJR and put a Arai Helmet with built in Speakers from J&M Corporation on both your heads, sorry not J&M (I was thinking scotch when I typed that) https://www.jmcorp.com/....and hit the back road twistes heading out to the lake around sundown to dig some BBQ, catfish and cold beer, and I'd be surprised if she does'nt strip down stark naked before could get into your house for a nightcap...You also find that you have a special something located between your legs that I find they all seem to like to hold onto, especially if they get scared or if they're having a whole lot of fun too.

I don't know nuthin' about speakers and amps on a Feejer, have no experience with Arai helmets with speakers built-in, and personally couldn't give a good bowel movement about sound on a motorcycle.

But all you Sirius and XM lovers can kiss my terrestrial radio career's behind. :****:

I don't think you are at more risk with earphones than with earplugs. I ride with earplugs and have xm radio piped in at reasonable levels. I actually hear things better with the earplugs as it filters out wind noise.

Last edited:
I don't think you are at more risk with earphones than with earplugs. I ride with earplugs and have xm radio piped in at reasonable levels. I actually hear things better with the earplugs as it filters out wind noise.
Who the heck would want XM radio,,,,,they don't have Howard Stern..if you gonna pay to listen to something, you might was well have a choice whether you want to listen to it or not...

Beware.listening to Howard Stern can be perilous to your health as many have been report to have fallen off their bikes because of excessive laughter...

I don't know nuthin' about speakers and amps on a Feejer, have no experience with Arai helmets with speakers built-in, and personally couldn't give a good bowel movement about sound on a motorcycle.
But all you Sirius and XM lovers can kiss my terrestrial radio career's behind. :****:
terrestrial radio=how many minutes of actual music/hour?

free just doesn't work anymore. somebody's got to pay the bills, and i'll do so gladly rather than have to listen to all those freakin commercials. if i want to listen to jabber on the radio, i'll turn on air america. or if i'm feeling constipated or nauseous, rush can usually make me blow out both ends at once...

what kinda sauce you like on your fishheads?

shu