Anyone Mount A PDA ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsitalon1

Reaction score
tried to search but there is a 4 character minimum :D

I have a treo 600 I would like to mount. I'm to cheap to pay for ram mounts "stem mount" and pda craddle. I'm thinking of making my own.

Can I see pics of everone elses please?

James

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask yourself this. "Do you feel lucky?"

Check your tech specs and see if your PDA is water and vibration resistant? If not, it won't last on a bike as the environment is too harsh.

Ask yourself this. "Do you feel lucky?"
Check your tech specs and see if your PDA is water and vibration resistant? If not, it won't last on a bike as the environment is too harsh.
Bounce, I only plan to mount it on long trips... I would never use it for day to day commuting.

James

I have installed a Garmin iQue 3600 and regretted it :bigeyes: .

The screen is hard to see with the glare and all, satellite reception is very temperamental and the damn thing will occasionally fixate on a map and stop showing your progress along the route. :eh:

You then have to stop the bike, grab the stylus and hit the "show location" icon (that is the size of a gnat's a$$#ole) with your gloved hand. :headbonk:

Not a happy camper. :angry:

(The older SPIII I have in the car works A1)

Stef

Anyone mount a PDA ? Would like to see a picture of that. On second thought maybe not.