Anyone pull a trailer?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gypsy

667 - Neighbour of the Beast
Reaction score
I have been looking at the Uni-Go trailer and wondering if anyone puls one of these (or any other trailer)? I like what I have read about the Uni-Go but would be interested in some first hand info.

https://www.uni-go.com/

Thanks

gypsy

I pull a "normal" two wheel trailer. Bought S/H and I don't know the make.

The bike DOESN'T KNOW IT IT'S THERE.

I have had it fully loaded, with a passenger, past the red line in third approx 110 mph.

Remember this bike has stonkin torque and it is torque that shifts weight.

It does, however, show up the inadequacies of the rear shock. I have to be careful with the nose weight (set at a bit under 35lbs).

I'll get this right in aminute.

The post is in General FJR Chat/FJR towing trailers

The post was started by FJRKYM on July 21, 2005 and the last post was on Aug 11, 2005.

I have been looking at the Uni-Go trailer and wondering if anyone puls one of these (or any other trailer)?
Bob Vail from Colorado has pulled several trailers over the years with his 2003 FJR without incident and has hit triple digits with is as well.

You have to order the trailer hitch from Australia and it is lots pricier than when they first offered it to the world of the FJR.

https://classicind.com.au

Check out the trailer forum and the FJR1300 riders forum on delphiforums.com.

https://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing/start

https://forums.delphiforums.com/fjr1300/start

Last edited by a moderator:
I was on the uni-go site last night

they have been sold to a US based company and are not taking any new orders till June ,, they look very good ,, I am looking at buying one as soon as they are up and running

galxy5,

I contacted the local distributor for Uni-Go and he said the new manufacturer is in Ohio which should serve to bring down prices in North America. He also said he expects orders to be taken beginning in January. I will keep you posted if I hear more.

gypsy

galxy5,
I contacted the local distributor for Uni-Go and he said the new manufacturer is in Ohio which should serve to bring down prices in North America. He also said he expects orders to be taken beginning in January. I will keep you posted if I hear more.

gypsy
I was thinking I would be all over that..... 'till I saw the price. Not for me. $11.5k for an '06 FJR and then pay between 1/4 and 1/3 on a trailer by the time everything is said and done? To use it once maybe twice a year? UPS will do just fine, TVM! It's not even "loaded"? Extra for this and extra for that? It's a free market out there. When on a long trip, UPS + Panniers and top box for me!

As for Classic Industries being the only hitch manufacturer it's not true. Uni go made a hitch, don't know if that will transfer to the US production or not, good looking tho. Also, Squire Motorcycle Trailers of UK make a hitch. It's more of a generic "one size fits all" type, but this is what I have and is a MUCH cheaper alternative. I think it cost me $175 to my door! That's a whole lot better than the $400 CI wants for theirs. I can email a pic of mine if wanted.

As for the trailer. I did what Bob Vail did. I bought a cheap 2 wheel trailer from the local Atwoods for $130. Put an EBAY bought Sears car top Xcargo carrier for another $50. So, for less than the CI hitch itself, I'm TOWING a complete trailer setup around. Took it on vacation this year. 4500 miles round trip. Never had a lick of trouble with it. It will even take corners quite well. But if your nervous about the lack of swivel for the hitch to bike connection, try this: Hitch swivel Scroll down to the bottom of the page. I don't have one, but may get one. I was still able to pretty well get down to the edge of the tire pulling in the Smokey Mountains, but you could tell when you were at the limits of swivel, a little unnerving until you get used to it. Later.

Mike