Anyone running with the Scotts Oil filter?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer standard filters, I won't have to clean that thing and it will take me over 30 oil changes to spend that kind of money.

I've had the Scott on my '04 for most of its life. I was "gifted" it by a friend. He has them on his bikes. I like it.

But, then again, I use Amsoil and Tufoil all the time so I'm not too worried about any issues in my engine.

You can do 46 oil changes with a NEW Super Tech filter at Wally World for the price of that thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one & I like it. It's a little spendy but convenient for me. Think of all the other farkles you buy and need to be replaced after a few years.

These are certainly not a "need to have" item just something I wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the above, I just buy a bunch of supertech filters when I run out. They are cheap, readily available, and seem to work.

Greetings,

The bike's had one now for about 31/2 years and happy with it.

Don't mind cleaning it out with every oil change.

I've tried to find alternatives here in Australia and the cost of the OEM's here are very expensive.

It has paid for itself already.

I have had one for about 30,000 miles on my '03.

It works just fine and eliminates the search for the oem type. Especially good on a long tour in sparsely populated areas--the best kind.