Anyone tried the Dynaplug tire repair tool?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saw this on Speed Channel and looks interesting. Did a search and nothing came up, but if there is a thread specific to this product, I appologize in advance. I'm interested if anyone has tried it on a motorcycle.........

Dynaplug Repair Kit

Supposedly good for up to 90 mph.......hmmm

From the website:

"The Dynaplug® Tire Repair System is a patented puncture repair system for tubeless tires. Made of a stainless steel tubular carrier molded into an impact plastic cavity handle, it is the best method for inserting repair plugs into punctures. Proprietary rubber impregnated cord mounted in a pointed brass tip ensures ease of operation and secure sealing for over 97% of punctures. According to research by Michelin cited in Automobile Magazine (April 1990, page 45-47), 97.5% of crown punctures in auto tires are made by objects 4.6mm (about 3/16") or less in diameter. The Dynaplug® process has been tested in bias ply and steel belted radial tires in all weather conditions and is suitable for repair of punctures in tubeless tires that range in tread thickness from 3/16" to 1-1/8" at the point of puncture.

Dynaplug® was designed for consumer use on cars and small trucks but has found extensive use on motorcycles, lawn equipment, ATV's, golf carts, farm implements, and in commercial shops throughout the United States. Dynaplug® was featured in the What's New section of Popular Science (July 1990) and on the ABC TV Home Show and is highly regarded by all who have used it as the best and easiest to use tire repair system on the market. Please review other pages on this web site for additional information."

never tried it -- but have never had normal radial 'string' type repairs fail.

seems a little expensive -- $20 for a kit with 4 plugs, and $9 for 5 plugs - - but if they're that good -- lemme know, and i'll stop with the cheapo string plugs.

Nope, but it looks fairly similar to the mushroom type plugs I've got.

I talked with LD Guru Gary Eagan (sp) over the weekend and He uses PLUG N GO(Stop N Go) which inserts mushroom head plug in and pulls it back tight....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it doesn't sound like there's a lot of experience with it. Pierre, if you ever have the need to try it I'd be very interested in your experience. I may buy one, but it is pricey. Yet if it is good to 90mph it must form a good seal......