Anyone Try Mikeindustries Backrest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
LOOKING FOR A BACKREST FOR 08 FJR, HIS LOOKS NICE, BUT I READ ALL THE CONCERNS FORUM MEMBERS BROUGHT UP, JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE GOT ONE AND IF THEY LIKE IT. ANY OTHER OPTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, DONT WANT TO SPEND 700 ON TRUNK.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOOKING FOR A BACKREST FOR 08 FJR, HIS LOOKS NICE, BUT I READ ALL THE CONCERNS FORUM MEMBERS BROUGHT UP, JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE GOT ONE AND IF THEY LIKE IT. ANY OTHER OPTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, DONT WANT TO SPEND 700 ON TRUNK.

OW !! That's LOUD !!

PCP, are you looking for a pillion or rider backrest?

Bar none, I think Garauld's backrest and rack are the ulitmate in quality -

SEARCH function - +rack +garauld

The search string in the above link will open up several hits - you simply PM Gary (Garauld) and let him know what you want -

Personally, I have this:

133770921-L.jpg

Gary does top notch work, at a reasonable price. He makes these to order, so you might have to wait a bit depending upon his backlog - but they are absolutely the bees knees in quality and fit.

Oh yeah -- you might check your shift lock key - it appears to be stuck in upper case. ;)

LOOKING FOR THE LITTLE LADY ,(PASSENGER) CAN U GET A GARAUD BACKREST WITHOUT HAVUNG TO USE THE RACK??
Gary will make you just about anything you can think of. Do the search suggested above and you'll find many pictures of various backrest and backrest/rack configuations. Gary, (Garauld) is a busy guy, but the wait is worth it.

I believe you will need a rack of some type in order to mount the backrests shown.

You may however get one made (by Gary) that will mount to the same points as the rack.

Good Luck.

PCA has a nice backrest also.
+1

I had this one: Backrest. Wife loved it. No rack, just added stick-on felt pads to protect the paint.

Call Duane first and ask for a discount. I can't remember if it's an FJR Forum Discount, or for repeat customers, but he's marked everything down for me on the last 4-5 orders. A+ service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the PCA rack also. It uses the three stock mounting bolts, is easy on/off, and the pad adjusts up and down about 1-1.5". Wife is very comfortable with it. Don't need a rack or top case, so this is perfect.

I have the PCA rack also. It uses the three stock mounting bolts, is easy on/off, and the pad adjusts up and down about 1-1.5". Wife is very comfortable with it. Don't need a rack or top case, so this is perfect.
looks like the pca is best bet for no rack backrest, thanks guys, sorry about the caps lock, not yelling just new.