Anyone try this type of tank protector?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRJ Jc

Reaction score
I've looked for various type of tank protectors and I think this one is one of my favorites. Anyone order from this site or try this product out?

Side Tank Protectors

2 Piece Tank Protector

cart.php__96636.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I've had one on my 06 for about 2 1/2 years.

Good piece of kit and has protected the tank well, not faded.

Went to Gelong Carbon Craft here in Qld and the gent fitted it for me.

He also cut and polished the damage paint for me, (just be careful if you use a magnetic tank bag)

He uses very thin double sided tape to mount it.

Cheers

Yep - they are great. I have had mine on my bike for nearly 8 years now, and it looks like new (see profile pic). I also have on my FZ1 and my wife's FZ6. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you have the top tank and side protectors or just the sides? How was the install?

Jc

Yep - they are great. I have had mine on my bike for nearly 8 years now, and it looks like new (see profile pic). I also have on my FZ1 and my wife's FZ6. Highly recommended.

Top and sides. There is a technique to the install (having watched Phil do it on all 3 of my bikes). The protector is stuck down with very strong double sided tape, as used on auto trims. Before removing any backing tape, the tank is cleaned and the protector is positioned and key points are 'marked' on the tank using removable tape (ordinary masking tape works well). Then all the backing strips are removed, and the protector carefully positioned using the masking tape as reference points. Then it's all smoothed into place.

Trying to describe this makes me think they should post a YouTube video. I'll suggest that to them.

Just to confirm, I have no affiliation with GCC, except as a happy customer (who pays full retail for all products). Phil, the owner, is a dedicated biker and I just like his attitude, and their products are great, so I will happily recommend them.

Thanks for the tip, never thought of marking up the tank with scotch tape. Great idea!!!

Top and sides. There is a technique to the install (having watched Phil do it on all 3 of my bikes). The protector is stuck down with very strong double sided tape, as used on auto trims. Before removing any backing tape, the tank is cleaned and the protector is positioned and key points are 'marked' on the tank using removable tape (ordinary masking tape works well). Then all the backing strips are removed, and the protector carefully positioned using the masking tape as reference points. Then it's all smoothed into place.
Trying to describe this makes me think they should post a YouTube video. I'll suggest that to them.

Just to confirm, I have no affiliation with GCC, except as a happy customer (who pays full retail for all products). Phil, the owner, is a dedicated biker and I just like his attitude, and their products are great, so I will happily recommend them.