Anyone using the new Arai RX-Q yet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate

Reaction score
I'd be interested to hear anyones experiences/thoughts on this new helmet. I'm also interested (same as a recent post) in the new Saddlemen seats for the FJR. I'm bike accessory curious.

Slid one on at the show in January and was impressed how perfectly it fit. No pad changes or "Yeah, I guess this feels ok." Comfort and weight was noticeable too. Plan on grabbing one up at Americade in June.

Riding bud brought one to breakfast Saturday. Seemed like a cross between the Profile and the Corsair in terms of features. Nice helmet but not as nice (IMHO) as my new Akuma Phantom II. The guy was a bit surprised how much lighter my Akuma was compared to his new Arai which itself is no heavyweight.

Curious to find out how it fits the heads of former Quantam wearers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet lid, but at that price any description should include the phrase "better than sex." I believe it is an "intermediate oval" shape, like the Vector. Arai builds nice helmets but it's too bad they are married to that shield release system.

pete

Sweet lid, but at that price any description should include the phrase "better than sex." I believe it is an "intermediate oval" shape, like the Vector. Arai builds nice helmets but it's too bad they are married to that shield release system.
pete
I know you are not alone on this one, many people stated over the years that they don't like the Arai shield release. It's an aversion I personally can't understand at all, I always thought the system worked great and was very easy. I usually take my visor out with my helmet on my head, push the levers in with my thumbs by feel and the visor is out, takes all of 2 seconds max. It's much easier to engage the visor again with the helmet off and sitting on a table, but also takes me no more then 2 seconds...???