Apex battery

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apex has the same specs as the WestCo, but the WestCo is a proven commodity. Is there a reason you want to go with the more expensive Apex instead of a WestCo battery from Bike Effects?

Apex has the same specs as the WestCo, but the WestCo is a proven commodity. Is there a reason you want to go with the more expensive Apex instead of a WestCo battery from Bike Effects?
Nope, no reason at all. My son was looking for his 04 and he came up with the Apex. I told him I'd check with the guys on the forum. Thanks Alan.

Nope, no reason at all. My son was looking for his 04 and he came up with the Apex. I told him I'd check with the guys on the forum. The Westco battery is actually a few buck more than the Apex when you add the FJR surcharge but I'd go with proven. Thanks Alan.

As you proceed through Bike Effect's check out you will find a box at the bottom of the form that is for something like Discounts or Offers where you put in the secret discount code FJR1300 to receive your 10% Forum discount, making the battery cheaper than the Apex. The Bike Effect's battery also comes with FREE shipping.

I happen to know this because my Bike Effect's battery just arrived, less than a week from when I ordered it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As you proceed through Bike Effect's check out you will find a box at the bottom of the form that is for something like Discounts or Offers where you put in the secret discount code FJR1300 to receive your 10% Forum discount, making the battery cheaper than the Apex. The Bike Effect's battery also comes with FREE shipping.
I happen to know this because my Bike Effect's battery just arrived, less than a week from when I ordered it. :)
Thanks Alan. He just ordered it without the discount but is going to send them an email to see if he can still get the discount.

Thanks Alan. He just ordered it without the discount but is going to send them an email to see if he can still get the discount.
He won't get the discount, it's too late. Jeff already explained this to me, stating there's no way to "add" the discount once the order is placed. It's up to the person placing the order to include the discount at the time of the order or, as they say, you're SOL.

BTW, I'll be ordering a Westco for myself soon too. HEY JEFF??!!

He won't get the discount, it's too late. Jeff already explained this to me, stating there's no way to "add" the discount once the order is placed. It's up to the person placing the order to include the discount at the time of the order or, as they say, you're SOL.

BTW, I'll be ordering a Westco for myself soon too. HEY JEFF??!!
Jeff was nice enough to call my son. He canceled the first order (it was only about 1/2 hours later) and let him place the order again, with the discount. How's that for customer service! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts