Apple in-ear headphones review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlson_mn

Reaction score
I've gotten a lot of great info from this site so thought I'd post a review of this product since I couldn't find much, if any input on them from any motorcyclists.

I went with the Gen2 dual driver apple in-ears and I'm surprisingly happy with them. The 1st time Apple tried to make in-ear headphones they were a joke. Apple obviously out-sourced the manufacturing of the 2nd Gen 'phones to somebody who knows what they're doing. Main reason I got them is because they have an in-line controller that allows you to control volume, pause, and go to the next or previous song, or hold it down and it tells you track and artist name. These features obviously only works with late model apple products. I use a 5th Gen Ipod Nano.

Pros:

- Sound quality is pretty good. Not top end sound but better than average. I have some over-ear Sennheissers that sound much fuller and better. The treble is very good. On the bike 2/3 volume is pretty satisfying so I'm glad that I don't have to crank them up too loud to hear well.

- in-line controller to adjust volume, skip or reverse tracks, pause, or tell you track/artist info.

- cheap, about $70 online.

- seals out sound about as well as average ear plugs

- Comfortable and comes with standard set of 3 plugs

Cons:

- Weak on bass in general and when on the bike even more so

- Protrudes more than I would like from ear although it's not too bad, helmet sometimes catches them when putting them on. I wear a little head slip that helps with that.

- Sticky rubber cord tangles all the time, but it's kind of a minor inconvenience.

Once you have the in-line volume/playback control I don't think it'd be easy to go with anything else. All I really wish is that they stayed in place better when putting helmet on.

Last edited by a moderator: